The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problems connecting X1D2 with Phocus ?!

gmfotografie

Hi guys,

who has also problems with connecting the X1D2 with Phocus ?
The Camera is only charging but cannot make a connection to the computer.

I use USB-C to USB-C (Apple Macbook Pro 2019)
Both devices have the actual firmware!

Best Michael

ps

I have posted this also in the hasselbladforum.

pflower

I think that is the same with the X1D - and it is not clear to me how to designate where you want the files saved. Annoying that you can't save to both the SD card and the computer and equally annoying that you can't save to both SD cards at the same time. Although having said that in over 10K exposures I have never had a problem and lost a file.

HI,
I have connected my X1D II 50c to a windows laptop, but it only saves the raw file to the laptop not the SD cards.
-Tom Brady-
[email protected]

Qamaro

Hi Guys,

So I just tethered the X1D II to my iMac using Phocus 3.4.6 (OSX Catalina). Once Camera is connected, you should be in USB3 mode - you'll see this on back of camera - if not go to connectivity and set it to MAC/PC. You can then check for Capture Destination (under Window -> Show Browser) here you can select the folder you want the FFF file to go to. Second way of doing this which I like better is (under Window -> Show Tools) the tools bar has 4 TABS one says Capture from under the "Job Info" pane you can set the file Destination via the drop down (including creating new folders and file name / job / sequence / metadata). The files will then get captured in that folder (I just tested this on s few images works like C1 capture from that point).

If you want it the other way to save to the SD then select SD as the destination - not sure if you can do both (SD and PC) anticipate that is coming since you'll soon be able to save to the iPad direct (so fingers crossed they allow for both SD + iPadOS). That said you can save to both SD cards at the same time - from Camera (Storage -> Secondary Slot Usage -> Backup).

Hope that helps.

I think if you were on a later Phocus version or previous firmware there was a know issue so upgrade both just in case.

:thumbup:

gmfotografie

still have problems with the connection phocus mobile....
actually i have just the usbc charging cable from the apple - do i need a special cable for this ?

correction--- i should use phocus 2 not phocus 1 ...��

Last edited:

Qamaro

still have problems with the connection phocus mobile....
actually i have just the usbc charging cable from the apple - do i need a special cable for this ?

correction--- i should use phocus 2 not phocus 1 ...��
yes use Phocus 2

I am not sure about the Apple cable, I would try a different cable. There was a thread on the Hasselblad user forum about cables so check that out (below) and I'd try changing that just in case.

http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=6604.msg31460#msg31460

What version of the iPad Pro are you connecting it to?

sog1927

Hi guys,

who has also problems with connecting the X1D2 with Phocus ?
The Camera is only charging but cannot make a connection to the computer.

I use USB-C to USB-C (Apple Macbook Pro 2019)
Both devices have the actual firmware!

Best Michael

ps

I have posted this also in the hasselbladforum.
What USB-C cable did you use? Some USB-C "charge cables" don't support data transfer at all - they're strictly for charging. See: https://ww.9to5mac.com/2018/08/22/how-to-choose-a-usb-c-cable/#