The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock repair

Pemihan

My Camera with my Rodie 40 HR fell out of my bag when I lifted it off the floor. I always zip the bag closed right after use for that same reason but apparently I had a brain fart today :facesmack::facesmack::banghead::banghead:

Now the right side is much sharper than the left so I need to send it to Rodenstock to get it repaired. Anyone have experience with the cost of that?

Peter

Paul2660

Odds are its the Copal, not the lens. (does it have a Copal), They are just brass on the inside and easily can deform.

My 40mm cost 680.00 recently for the same issue, I was lucky to find a slightly used Copal shutter to replace mine as it was non repairable. Had work done at Precision Camera works, Chicago, IL. He has the device to re-calibrate the lens (collimate process) once the new shutter is in place.

Problem will be if the Copal is the problem, can it be fixed or is the damage too much to repair, then finding a new or used Copal.

Could move to the Aperture only mount, but that has to be done by Rodenstock and I am sure in the 2K range?

Paul C

Pemihan

Odds are its the Copal, not the lens. (does it have a Copal), They are just brass on the inside and easily can deform.

My 40mm cost 680.00 recently for the same issue, I was lucky to find a slightly used Copal shutter to replace mine as it was non repairable. Had work done at Precision Camera works, Chicago, IL. He has the device to re-calibrate the lens (collimate process) once the new shutter is in place.

Problem will be if the Copal is the problem, can it be fixed or is the damage too much to repair, then finding a new or used Copal.

Could move to the Aperture only mount, but that has to be done by Rodenstock and I am sure in the 2K range?

Paul C
It is in Copal so I hope it's not that. Got word from Cambo that it could just be the T/S mount if I'm lucky (hopefully) but we'll see. I'll send it to them next week.

If it's the Copal it will need to go to Rodenstock (given that I'm in Denmark) and I would prefer to keep that one in Copal. If it were a 32HR I would go for Aperture mount.

Peter