The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format Workshop - Intermediate to Advanced

Greg Haag

I apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this, but this is the group I was hoping to get feedback from. I am looking for a landscape workshop in the continental US for 2020, I would prefer a small group size. I think in western US, but open to other areas in the US. Also, does anyone have a recommendation on someone you in which you would really recommend their workshops?
Thanks in advance!
Greg

The "Pigs" medium format digital workshop with Ken Doo and Don Libby had a good run---they held their tenth (and last) Pigs earlier this year.

There are a lot of details to work out, but I'm looking towards holding "The Devil's Workshop - Medium Format Digital Photography" which will be focused primarily landscape photography, but could possibly include other areas as well.

Stay tuned.

Dante

p.s. Black Friday is coming soon. Shop now. Shop often.

I apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this, but this is the group I was hoping to get feedback from. I am looking for a landscape workshop in the continental US for 2020, I would prefer a small group size. I think in western US, but open to other areas in the US. Also, does anyone have a recommendation on someone you in which you would really recommend their workshops?
Thanks in advance!
Greg
Greg, although not specifically aimed at medium format photographers (after all, we’re a small segment of photographers out there), these are the workshops that I’ve done and would recommend: 1) if you like Death Valley, Visionary Photography Workshops with Guy Tal and Michael Gordon (12 people max); 2) similarly, I did a one-on-one Death Valley photography tour with Michael Gordon which was fantastic (Michael knows more about Death Valley than anyone I know and is a terrific and caring individual); and 3) workshops with Alain Briot (6-12 people depending on the workshop). To try something new, in 2020, I will be going to Greenland with Better Moments (they run some of their workshops in conjunction with PhaseOne now that PODAS seems to have gone into hibernation) and to Oregon with Nick Page. In 2021, I will be going to Patagonia with Marc Adamus.

Although CI has done MF workshops in the past, I haven’t been able to make any as I often need to plan my life out far ahead of time and the dates they’ve been held have so far conflicted with my non-photography life.

Jacob

Steve Hendrix

Thanks in advance!
Greg

Hi Greg -

We typically do our yearly workshop planning in early January, so in a little over a month from now, we should be in the planning stages for our 2020 schedule.

We have recently moved to a 2 stage workshop protocol. There are the full size, more formal workshops (like the Olympic National Park workshops we've conducted, where there are typically 15-20 attendees), but last year we also introduced the "Gatherings" events, which are much smaller, and not so formalized. These are usually 4-6 attendees, and these are more of a collaborative event, meet at some neat place to shoot, with member(s) of the CI Team, and perhaps some of our partners, and plan out what you want to do/where you might want to shoot and when. The full size workshops are usually 3-4 days, the gatherings are usually 2 days, often over the weekend.

https://captureintegration.com/ci-connect-events/

Steve Hendrix/CI

dj may

Too bad you are limiting it to the US. We do informal collaborative workshops here in Europe. The emphasis is informal and collaborative. There is no charge other than personal expenses.

Greg Haag

Too bad you are limiting it to the US. We do informal collaborative workshops here in Europe. The emphasis is informal and collaborative. There is no charge other than personal expenses.
Jesse,
My family loves Europe and it is so beautiful. One of my reasons for the US is I am trying to make my way to all of the US National Parks, but we will definitely be back to Europe in the next 24-36 months. I would love to attend one of your workshops.
Thanks,
Greg

dj may

Jesse,
My family loves Europe and it is so beautiful. One of my reasons for the US is I am trying to make my way to all of the US National Parks, but we will definitely be back to Europe in the next 24-36 months. I would love to attend one of your workshops.
Thanks,
Greg
Let me know when you plan to come and we will work something out.

Dante's reach extends far beyond the US.

I'm liking this dj may guy....

Dante