The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Getting a 120 macro set up for product work

cunim

I have a Rodenstock 120 apo macro sironar in a Copal 0, and use it for images up to about 1:1. Mounted on an AS Monolith, it's a superb lens but I am really missing an electronic shutter for this application. I do have a spare Rollei shutter lying around so I could get th is lens mounted into it. Or I could just look for a lens already in an e-shutter and sell this one.

Anyone know who can properly mount my lens into the Rollei e-shutter? I last had this done a long time ago and I seem to recall it was expensive.

Ben730

I changed all my Cambo Ultima lenses (SK 80, Rodie 55, Rodie 90, Rodie 120 Macro) from Copal to Schneider Electronic Shutter with no problems.
There can be problems if the copal is shorter or longer than the E-shutter.
Normally both are identical. Try it out, it is easy.
You can't calibrate the F-Stops of the Schneider Shutter on your own.
So you have to use an F5.6 shutter with an F5.6 lens or you have to work with other numbers....
I bought a used Schneider Shutter but didn't know the max F-Stop . I normally work with F11. So I only had to compare the opening from the Copal with
the opening of the E-Shutter to find where F11 is. Now I know with this lens F11 is showed as F16 on the shutter remote control.
I don't know if you can calibrate the F-Stops of the Rollei Shutter on your own...

Last edited:

cunim

Thanks for the replies. I ended up just swapping the lens into the Rollei shutter and that seems to work just fine. I suppose I could send it to Rodenstock to have the element spacing optimized, but I don't see any issues with the lens as it is now. I originally came in this same Rollei shutter and is happy to go home.