The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One IQ3 100 with Hasselblad H4d-40 Question

Greg Haag

Hoping someone can give me some insight to pairing a Phase One IQ3 100 with Hasselblad H4d-40. I have the Phase One back that I shoot with a Cambo technical camera and I was wonder if the mount were changed to H mount would it work with my H4D? I have the H4D with several lens that would be nice to use on certain occasions. If this is possible, and not too expensive, is there a reason I would not want to do this?
Thanks in advance,
Greg

Paul2660

Only reason I could think of, Phase doesn't physically change the mount, they just ship another back, with the mount. If your back is where you want it, no issues, and has the DR and image quality you like, the issue with a mount swap is receiving a totally different back which may or may not have the same image quality.

Trust me, there are differences between Phase backs, some just have better signal noise response than others.

Paul C

Greg Haag

Only reason I could think of, Phase doesn't physically change the mount, they just ship another back, with the mount. If your back is where you want it, no issues, and has the DR and image quality you like, the issue with a mount swap is receiving a totally different back which may or may not have the same image quality.

Trust me, there are differences between Phase backs, some just have better signal noise response than others.

Paul C

Thank you Paul! I love my current IQ3 100, it is actually the only digital back I have ever had that has worked exactly as expected every time, it would not be worth taking a chance.

tcdeveau

I am under the impression that the P1 back won’t work with the H4D-40 body (I shot with one for a couple years). I thought after the H2, Hasselblad “closed” their platform and you’d need an H4X/H5X/H6X for P1 compatibility. I’m sure someone will chime in and correct me if I’m wrong though.

stngoldberg

I am under the impression that the P1 back won’t work with the H4D-40 body (I shot with one for a couple years). I thought after the H2, Hasselblad “closed” their platform and you’d need an H4X/H5X/H6X for P1 compatibility. I’m sure someone will chime in and correct me if I’m wrong though.
You are correct
Stanley