The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Phocus Mobile 2.0

drunkenspyder

So, Hasselblad’s solution to the fact that Phocus Mobile doesn’t work for the Mk2 and iPhones is to release Phocus Mobile 2 and declare that it is limited to current generation iPads?

JeRuFo

There is an Iphone version planned and you can ofcourse use the full version on Windows or Mac devices.

drunkenspyder

There is an Iphone version planned and you can ofcourse use the full version on Windows or Mac devices.
Yeah, I know, and I use the Mac version of Phocus. I don’t love it, but I use it. But that’s not really a solution in the field, and now that we’re months past the release of the Mk II, Hasselblad is long overdue for a mobile tether for the phone. It’s just plain pathetic that I can tether wirelessly to my Mk I but not my II. I shouldn’t have to buy a new iPad to get the functionality with a brand new camera that I used to get with the previous generation camera and software.

Godfrey

I have the opposite problem with my RYLO 360 camera: To use it with the iPad, I need an older generation iPad with Lightning connector rather than my current iPad Pro 11. I've had the iPad Pro 11 since Nov 2018, talked to the folks at RYLO seven months ago, and still it's incompatible with the USB-C port on the iPad Pro 11.

Having been in that software development and engineering business for the better part of thirty years, all I can say is: "It's complicated." :cussing:

G

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

Godfrey, I agree it’s complicated. And I don’t take for granted the challenge. Sometimes, the answer is communication, especially when one is taking away or delaying feature sets. Cough, cough, Phase, cough, Hasselblad, cough.

jmm123

Just got my 907x and disappointed that Phocus Mobile 2 does not allow live view with cable tethering. I thought if it was possible with the X1D -it should have progressed to the 907x?
or is it because Apple is making it harder for cameras to be cable tethered.

I love the cable tether experience with Phocus on the Mac as the Live view on the ELM/CFVii cuts out in less than a minute.

John

Godfrey

Just got my 907x and disappointed that Phocus Mobile 2 does not allow live view with cable tethering. I thought if it was possible with the X1D -it should have progressed to the 907x?
or is it because Apple is making it harder for cameras to be cable tethered.

I love the cable tether experience with Phocus on the Mac as the Live view on the ELM/CFVii cuts out in less than a minute.
I'm waiting for an update as well. I just started playing with the 907x and Phocus Mobile 2 on the iPad Pro 11". Seems to work "okay" but I certainly don't understand everything just yet.

BTW: I was getting nutty about the Live View on the 500CM/CFVII as well until I realized that this was controlled in the Display section of the back's controls. I set it to two minutes and it's now no problem at all. :)

G