The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Christmas Portraits?

dave.gt

Just wondering if anyone is doing portraits for the holidays?

Please share your work here if you are. Many thanks in advance!:thumbup:

*Note: I started this as a separate thread as I anticipate some discussion on how the portraits were done and some backstories. I know I certainly have questions and I am looking forward to your excellent work, as usual.:)

dave.gt

Wow, nice family portrait! Not only the colors but the capture of what surely must be twi fun loving kids! They are cool ...Love it!

Our grandkids need a portrait but it will be a surprise gift for their grandmother and I cannot get away to shoot it, so, I have set up a schedule for a studio portrait by a friend at his studio. Nothing special about the shoot, just an incredible opportunity to provide a simple and important Christmas gift for my wife at a special time, a time when she is still recovering in rehab and all the effects that are complicated by a stressful season.

Surely there are more on this forum who may contemplating environmental portraits or studio portraits.

They are important in everyone's life, and I am personally interested in your ideas and your results, if you can share them.

Ken Doo... thank you for referring me to some beautiful, amazing hand-painted backdrops. Once our medical bills give us a break, I will plan on acquiring one that I found online. Lighting will be the next consideration!

gnuyork

I'm looking forward to giving portraits a try very soon. I'd be stepping out of my comfort zone a bit, but I am intrigued by portraiture lately, especially environmental portraits. Looking forward to this thread!

M

mjr

Does this count? Shot with a Leica S007 a few years back, only lit by the fire and a tiny window so a little tricky to get nice but came out okish.

Greg Haag

Dave, we took our oldest daughter to Disney World for Christmas, this is as close as I could get for a Christmas portrait.

carolinedisney.jpg

dave.gt

Dave, we took our oldest daughter to Disney World for Christmas, this is as close as I could get for a Christmas portrait.

View attachment 145975
Greg, that is cool enough with what must be one the largest cameras in the world used as a background! But it is even cooler that you shared a personal favorite of yours. Thank for sharing. Nicely done!:thumbup:

kdphotography

Old Christmas photo taken with a Kodak 645M. I used to do annual humorous Christmas cards photos with my bull terrier Duffy until he passed many years ago.

xmas duffy web.jpg

Ken

dave.gt

DONE!:)

Prints should be ready for pickup on Monday before Christmas. My friend did a fine job (I wish I could share them here), and I am grateful for his accommodation of my wishes to give portraits of our grandchildren to our family.

Ken, marvelous creative images you posted! Thank you for sharing, I am inspired.

Merry Christmas to all!!!:thumbs: