The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help iq4150 firmware update issue.

Boinger

Hi I have been running the 5.0 firmware until now.

I recently tried updating it to the most recent 6.0, but my back now says firmware version is beta 0.3.8

I am leaving for a trip tomorrow and this is rather irksome. I can't update the firmware back to a previous version because it keeps saying XF: handshake with camera.

But I don't have an XF. Any ideas what I can do?

dchew

That sucks. Something must have gone bad in the update process. If your FW is that far back, you need to go in two steps. I have FW 4 in this Dropbox link. You need to update to that one before going to 5 or 6:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/um7kw9xgu4esshq/AABelltcOZeJIQcWjO2SCU2la?dl=0

Obviously I never had FW back as far as you are; I am not sure if there is any other required update in between 0.3.8 and v4. I doubt it.

There are several other versions in that folder. I am on 6.01.1, which I think is the latest. 4.03.2 should be the one you need to install first, then 6.01.1

You can find a release note pdf in there too if that helps. It states upgrading to v4 is necessary first.

Dave

Boinger

That sucks. Something must have gone bad in the update process. If your FW is that far back, you need to go in two steps. I have FW 4 in this Dropbox link. You need to update to that one before going to 5 or 6:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/um7kw9xgu4esshq/AABelltcOZeJIQcWjO2SCU2la?dl=0

Obviously I never had FW back as far as you are; I am not sure if there is any other required update in between 0.3.8 and v4. I doubt it.

There are several other versions in that folder. I am on 6.01.1, which I think is the latest. 4.03.2 should be the one you need to install first, then 6.01.1

You can find a release note pdf in there too if that helps. It states upgrading to v4 is necessary first.

Dave
Thanks

I tried flashing old versions and it didn't work.

I ended up calling DT and they walked me through the procedure.

If you change the firmware container to .zip you can extract the individual components of the firmware. Thus I was able to install only the IQ firmware. Worked.