The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

hasselblad CFV ERROR firewire 9026

I

infantryman

Hi everyone,

I'm posting in here since i couldn't found after a research, a clue regarding the following issue with my CFV back:

Since a week ago, when the back is conected with a firewire cable to the computer -MAC osX- and it's shooting, several alarms appears on the display such as:

FIREWIRE ERROR 9002
FIREWIRE ERROR 9026
FIREWIRE ERROR 9005

Phocus software get blocked, and a long sequence of quiting applications, plugs-ins and unpluged cables from trhe back to the 400 port has to been done in order to be able to fire again, until a new message occurs.

I'll be very grateful if any one knows a clue from where this problem can come from and how to solve it.

Best Regards;

FE.

fotografz

Hi everyone,

I'm posting in here since i couldn't found after a research, a clue regarding the following issue with my CFV back:

Since a week ago, when the back is connected with a firewire cable to the computer -MAC osX- and it's shooting, several alarms appears on the display such as:

FIREWIRE ERROR 9002
FIREWIRE ERROR 9026
FIREWIRE ERROR 9005

Phocus software get blocked, and a long sequence of quitting applications, plugs-ins and unplugged cables from the back to the 400 port has to been done in order to be able to fire again, until a new message occurs.

I'll be very grateful if any one knows a clue from where this problem can come from and how to solve it.

Best Regards;

FE.
Start by replacing the firewire.

These backs are VERY sensitive to transmission impediments, and the slightest kink or even rolling a camera stand over the firewire can cause the Error code. I have "damaged" firewires that will still work on other devices like a hard drive, but NOT work on my digital backs. Which is why I keep 3 or 4 firewires at the ready.

Recently I caught the firewire between the bellows standards of my RZ camera and unknowingly applied pressure on the firewire while focusing a bit to forcefully ... I immediately got into trouble with a failed firewire and had to replace it to continue shooting.

Also, just a note: start up Phocus first, then plug in the back and wait for it to connect (the little camera Icon in the top left menu bar of Phocus goes live.)

If it isn't the firewire that's the problem then it may be the firewire port in the CFV. Did you buy the back new or used? Mistreatment of the port by yanking and/or if it had been accidently pulled out can cause connection issues sooner or later ... which requires a trip back to Hasselbald for repairs.

I

infantryman

Thanks Fotografz, for your help.

i'd been using this back since a year ago, when i purchased it used -almost new-, however since the early begining i make the regristration of the product with hasselblad and geting from there updates for soft and firmware.

i have to say that the firewire cable coming with the kit, still being the same with which i'd been working for all this time with out no any sort of problem until these last 2 weeks.

i remembe seeing, when during a couple of shootings, foots people walking all over the cable, i heard this is quiet fragil, and better to get 1 or 2 more of repalcement.

i'll try your suggestions as soon as i got another cable.

Do you know if the back works teathedered with a 9 to 9 pin fire wire as well ?

What do you think of Granite products ?

I truly appreciate your help, and suggetions, hoping just a replacement of the cable will be enough.

Best regards.

FE.

fotografz

Thanks Fotografz, for your help.

i'd been using this back since a year ago, when i purchased it used -almost new-, however since the early begining i make the regristration of the product with hasselblad and geting from there updates for soft and firmware.

i have to say that the firewire cable coming with the kit, still being the same with which i'd been working for all this time with out no any sort of problem until these last 2 weeks.

i remembe seeing, when during a couple of shootings, foots people walking all over the cable, i heard this is quiet fragil, and better to get 1 or 2 more of repalcement.

i'll try your suggestions as soon as i got another cable.

Do you know if the back works teathedered with a 9 to 9 pin fire wire as well ?

What do you think of Granite products ?

I truly appreciate your help, and suggetions, hoping just a replacement of the cable will be enough.

Best regards.

FE.
I'd bet a dollar to a donut that it's a faulty firewire if you've been using it that long and it's taken some punishment.

You need a firewire 800 on one end of the cable to plug into the camera ... the other end that plugs into the computer can be 400 or 800.

Granite makes very HD cords, and I have a bunch of them ... however, there have been some posts on other sites about their cords being so stiff that they
place too much strees on the camera's firewire port and have caused some users problems and repairs. I've been just using a 15' 800 to 400 from Belkin and that's been working fine so far.

fotografz

If the firewire is not the issue, there is one more thing you can check ...

if you are shooting longer exposures, make sure the shutter speed indicator is set to 1/2 sec.in the software while tethered. Oddly, If I forget to do this I sometimes get an error code. Can't explain why.