The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Save $

Lars

Carsten, if you believe in Arca Swiss as an innovative company then it's probably a better use of your money to invest in the company (though I don't know if it is a public company). As a shareholder you can demand that management does something about its IP protection. And perhaps demand that it outsources production for better efficiency and more competitive pricing.

carstenw

I also don't know if they are public, and anyway, I don't have that kind of money. I presume that buying enough shares to have an effective voice would be more expensive than a Cube, and I can't afford even that right now :) Anyway, Arca is just one of many small European and other traditional camera manufacturers which innovate and create and try to find their niche so that they can stay alive. I would support any company like that over one which merely copies.

I do think that Arca should at least add a web presence. It would make them appear a lot more human and real.

Lars

I do think that Arca should at least add a web presence. It would make them appear a lot more human and real.
Amen to that. I remember looking for their website back in 1997 when I got my B-1. Still no presence, that's just hard to understand.

Ginny

There is an adage "Buy Cheap, Buy Twice!" This works for everything in life in my experience so far. Another one from my days as a scientist: "Sometimes the best is only good enough".