The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any Fix for Tethering in 10.15.2?

I understand that 10.15.2 knocked out C1P, EOS Utility, LR, and Lumix Tether. Has there been anything from Apple on a fix for this? I'm guessing no because I can't find anything but still it's driving me a bit nuts.

mikeleland

I understand that 10.15.2 knocked out C1P, EOS Utility, LR, and Lumix Tether. Has there been anything from Apple on a fix for this? I'm guessing no because I can't find anything but still it's driving me a bit nuts.
Have you updated to 20.0.1? That fixed tethering for me, but I guess there are still some configurations that are still borked :/

I'm actually not a C1 user, but it seems like the update killed all tethering not just for C1 so I was wondering if there was anything within the OS I could do to get running again.

Pelorus

I am a C1 user and the advice I received at the time was to avoid 10.15.2 as there was "no fix currently available" and that included OS settings. I've updated to C1 20.0.1 but I'm still really loathe to update to 10.15.2 in case the fix in C1 doesn't prove durable.

I'd expect you have to wait for an OS fix unless your vendor produces one.

I'm actually not a C1 user, but it seems like the update killed all tethering not just for C1 so I was wondering if there was anything within the OS I could do to get running again.

Newest update in C1 supposedly fixes tethering.

I read (either on DT or via phase one directly) that the Catalina bug affecting tethering never really affected Phase backs — only other manufacturers.

I'm on 10.15.2 and C1 20.0.1 without any issue(s) on both my IQ3100 and my Fuji XT3.