The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca-Swiss Quick-Link

Since this doesn't fit neatly in the "The great tripod & head thread!" thread as it fits between the two, I wanted to make sure that folks know about the Arca-Swiss QuickLink which is a quick release mechanism mounted between the tripod and head that allows one to quickly attach or take off the head for travel, storage, etc. I have found it very helpful and very easy to use. Works perfectly with the Cube and the new Leveler L75.

Links below:

1) QuickLink
2) https://www.arca-shop.de/en/tripod-heads/upgrade-conversion/39/quicklink-set

Jacob

kdphotography

This is a great way to make quick changes on your tripod and head.

The Graham Welland quick release system is an earlier iteration of the same idea. A RRS quick lever release and RRS Dovetails are the main components used with this method. The smaller RRS Dovetail 40 fits the AS Cube perfectly.

Ken

Mexecutioner

Since this doesn't fit neatly in the "The great tripod & head thread!" thread as it fits between the two, I wanted to make sure that folks know about the Arca-Swiss QuickLink which is a quick release mechanism mounted between the tripod and head that allows one to quickly attach or take off the head for travel, storage, etc. I have found it very helpful and very easy to use. Works perfectly with the Cube and the new Leveler L75.

Links below:

1) QuickLink
2) https://www.arca-shop.de/en/tripod-heads/upgrade-conversion/39/quicklink-set

Jacob

I'm getting a couple of QuickLinks delivered on Monday along with my C1 Cube GP classic. I am excited to get these bad boys and put them to good use. From what I read so far, the QuickLinks seem to be great and may need to get a couple more.

RLB

I've used the Quick link for several years. It's a great product, but be aware that sometimes when it gets "bobbled around" a bit it can refuse to let go of the head even though its in unlock mode. There is a reference to this in the instructions that come with it about how to resolve. Would not be ideal to be on location and not know what to do.

Robert B

Mexecutioner

I've used the Quick link for several years. It's a great product, but be aware that sometimes when it gets "bobbled around" a bit it can refuse to let go of the head even though its in unlock mode. There is a reference to this in the instructions that come with it about how to resolve. Would not be ideal to be on location and not know what to do.

Robert B
Thanks for the heads up, will read about it before tossing the instructions.

mikeleland

This is a great way to make quick changes on your tripod and head.

The Graham Welland quick release system is an earlier iteration of the same idea. A RRS quick lever release and RRS Dovetails are the main components used with this method. The smaller RRS Dovetail 40 fits the AS Cube perfectly.

Ken
I was introduced to the Graham Welland quick release system by Don Libby. It was pretty good but not as secure as having my AS Cube mounted directly to my tripod plate. But that system was still better since I use three heads and two tripods, one with and without center columns of which I use both geared and XL. Plus, my platypod and baby receiver.

So... yeah. add to that, the propensity of aluminum to bind with temperature and barometric fluctuations, I actually carried a pocket torch for a time to guarantee the ability to remove a head from a base. It really only was ever the cube that gave me issue.

So, enter the quick link... holy moly. It earned it's keep before Rod even shipped it. And by "It", I mean a bunch of plates and receivers.

That reminds me... I need to buy some more ;)