The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 150mm f/2.8 D AF Lens

Henry Goh

Where / Who are you guys buying this lens from? I don't see it on B&H nor Calumetphoto. How much are you paying for this lens?

Thanks.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I bought mine from Capture Integration right after it was released and paid $2999 I believe... It is a stunning performer, though arguably expensive for the added half-stop over the 3.5 version -- but then you can use the f2.8 lens wide open without concern and get phenomenal results.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
This lens is by far my favorite on the phamiya.
Sharp, focus spot-on, just wonderful over-all.
-bob

carstenw

I can back up the recommendation for Harry's Pro Shop. I bought my Contax 645 120mm Macro lens there, and it was a great deal, and in great condition, and I had a really nice conversation with someone there :)

arashm

ok another vote for Harry's pro shop
Brian is a Gentleman, with great knowledge of the gear.
I have had dealing with him since 2002 with great experience.
am

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
$3090 is the retail cost of the Phase One 150mm lens. At that price a three year warranty guaranteed by Phase One is included and our company will stand behind you if you ever need to have a lens inspected for calibration/sharpness (as several forum members here would attest).

It's often the case that we have very lightly used lenses (purchased with bundles and returned without use for instance) or normally used lenses (in our demo stock). A quick email to Chris is all you'd need to check.

The 150mm f/2.8 is one of my favorite lenses on any platform. Great lens.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
http://harrysproshop.com/Mamiya_645_AF/mamiya_645_af.html

I recommend this store - note the price is CDN$2899 which is about US$2400. (I bought my 28 mm and 75-150 from Brian too).

Bill
Unless I am mistaken the MAC Group is the only allowed importer/distributor and has the only warranty-covered-repair-shop for Mamiya in the US and anything else is gray market which would prevent a warranty claim within the US (i.e. it would have to be shipped to wherever Canadians have their warranty-backed repairs made).

If someone knows differently please chime in.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Stuart Richardson

I will say that the anecdotal evidence is that Mamiya is notoriously *nal about country of origin in their repair services. Mamiya equipment costs far less in Japan and elsewhere throughout the world than it does in the US, but unfortunately, they have a stranglehold on warranty service. So you can either buy it for less money and have a shakey warranty, or pay the big bucks and buy it in the US. Personally, since it is a lens I would buy it from the cheapest source, as lenses don't really fail that often (and these are not leaf shutter lenses), but I like to live dangerously....
If it were a body, I would definitely buy from a US source.

carstenw

Stuart, doesn't The Mamiya America Corporation (not Mamiya!) have a strange-hold on the States? It isn't Mamiya doing the pricing I am pretty sure.