The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One waist level case

Dadbod

Do any of you guys have a good way to store and travel with the waist level? I always just stick it in my backpack and feel like it's going to fall out or get broken somehow.

Thank you for any ideas.

Qamaro

Do any of you guys have a good way to store and travel with the waist level? I always just stick it in my backpack and feel like it's going to fall out or get broken somehow.

Thank you for any ideas.
I don't have the XF WLF but, an RZ one and I either leave it mounted or put into a lens wrap (tenba or stone photo gear). Honestly have been eyeing the new PhaseOne EVA soft cases as possible storage solution, just not sure if there is to much room and can flop about.

Mexecutioner

Thank you for any ideas.
Yes, I do. I bought the metal cover for it, which clips and stays attached to it. Pricey for what it is, but the plastic piece that comes with it is garbage. It will work on the prism finder too, of course.

For added protection I put the WLF in a Case Logic UNZT-2 zip case so if one day it decides to fly out of the bag it won't get destroyed. Probably overkill, but has worked so far.

anwarp

Thank you for that. I did not know about the metal cover. I usually have the WLF on the XF body and carry the prism in the bag, so a good metal cover is even more important!

Yes, I do. I bought the metal cover for it, which clips and stays attached to it. Pricey for what it is, but the plastic piece that comes with it is garbage. It will work on the prism finder too, of course.

Mexecutioner

Thank you for that. I did not know about the metal cover. I usually have the WLF on the XF body and carry the prism in the bag, so a good metal cover is even more important!
Yeah, the metal cover is great to protect the contacts of the prism while carried in the bag, you’ll like it.

It had to be shipped from Denmark as there’s probably not very high demand for them, but got it within a week.

mikeleland

I had no idea this existed :D

I think I'm ok with the rubber cover, but I sure would like to see what the metal cover looks like.

I often swap viewfinders mid shoot. And I have designated slots for each viewfinder+rubber cover in my case that uses trekpak.

But I have wondered if there was a more secure cover. I have the metal covers for the DB and XF.

Mexecutioner

I think I'm ok with the rubber cover, but I sure would like to see what the metal cover looks like.

I often swap viewfinders mid shoot. And I have designated slots for each viewfinder+rubber cover in my case that uses trekpak.

But I have wondered if there was a more secure cover. I have the metal covers for the DB and XF.
I had no idea either until one day I found them browsing the DT website, so I ordered one from them.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I had no idea either until one day I found them browsing the DT website, so I ordered one from them.
damn, just when I thought that my investment in my XF was done. I put the WLF back in the box it shipped in but I admit that carrying both and swapping them poses issues for the standard finder more than the WLF.

Steve Hendrix

Here you go, Mike.

https://www.digitalback.com/product/phase-one-xf-prism-viewfinder-metal-cover/

To be clear - it is not light (it is metal, after all). But I do feel it is easier to latch the metal cover to the viewfinder than the rubber cover. More secure material, and more secure feel when you know it is latched versus you think it is latched.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Last edited:

mikeleland

Here you go, Mike.

https://www.digitalback.com/product/phase-one-xf-prism-viewfinder-metal-cover/

To be clear - it is not light (it is metal, after all). But I do feel it is easier to latch the metal cover to the viewfinder than the rubber cover. More secure material, and more secure feel when you know it is latched versus you think it is latched.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Thank you, Steve! I'll reach out soon to have one shipped to the house in AZ. This should be much better than the rubber doohicky :D

Mike