The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX shift lens... not in the road map again... ( 30 & 80 non pc only...)

archivue

While i'me fond of my set up using the GFX 50r with kipon + 50 and 90 macro TS-e... i really miss a 35 PC... and i'm not alone !
i was waiting for the new Fuji road map... but i think i will have to go with a pentax or contax solution...

https://www.fujifilm.com/news/n200123_03.html

Fujifilm unveils the new development roadmap for interchangeable lenses for the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras incorporating large format sensors
Establishing a lineup of 13 GFX lens to further expand the fields of photography in ultra-high image quality

Tokyo, January 23, 2020 — FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced a new development roadmap for interchangeable GF lenses for use with the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras, which incorporate the large format sensors*, approximately 1.7 times larger than the 35mm full-frame image sensor.Newly added to the development roadmap this time are the large-diameter standard lens “FUJINON Lens GF80mmF1.7 R WR” (GF80mmF1.7 R WR) and the wide-angle prime lens “FUJINON Lens GF30mmF3.5 R WR” (GF30mmF3.5 R WR).

Since the launch of the FUJIFILM GFX 50S in 2017, Fujifilm has steadily expanded the lineup of GFX Series. In 2019, the company released the FUJIFILM GFX100 (GFX100), featuring the world's highest** 102 million pixel sensor. There is a growing need for high-performance interchangeable lenses, which can bring out the GFX Series' ultra-high resolution capability to the maximum extent. The latest move to add the GF80mmF1.7 R WR and GF30mmF3.5 R WR to establish a lineup of 13 GF lenses will cater to the diversifying users' needs.

<New interchangeable lenses added to the roadmap>

(1) Large-diameter standard lens “FUJINON Lens GF80mmF1.7 R WR”
The lens with the focal length of 80mm (equivalent to 63mm in the 35mm film format) and the maximum aperture of F1.7 is the brightest*** interchangeable lens for mirrorless digital cameras equipped with a large format sensor. It enables portraiture shooting with beautiful and creamy bokeh even in low light conditions.
It boasts astonishing image quality comparable to the professionally-acclaimed large diameter mid-telephoto lens “FUJINON Lens GF110mmF2 R LM WR,” but offers an even wide angle of view with a compact and lightweight body.
(2) Wide-angle prime lens “FUJINON Lens GF30mmF3.5 R WR”
The lens with the focal length of 30mm (equivalent to 24mm in the 35mm film format) is perfect for landscape photography. Offering ultra-high resolution capability despite its compact and lightweight body, the lens can bring out the full potential of the 102MP image sensor used in the GFX100.
Today, Fujifilm announced the launch of the standard zoom lens “FUJINON Lens GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR.” The company will continue to expand the lens lineup to broaden applications for the world of ultra-high image quality, sharing the joy and pleasure of photography.

* An image sensor measuring 55mm diagonally (43.8mm x 32.9mm), with the area approx. 1.7 times that of a full-frame 35mm sensor.
** Applies to consumer mirrorless digital cameras. As of January 23, 2020. According to Fujifilm.
*** As of January 23, 2020. According to Fujifilm.

PeterA

I guess the positive talke away is that both lenses announced are primes and plug some basic missing holes in the prime line-up - eg: I'm an instant buyer of the 80/1.7.

Pelorus

There is a similar thread running over in Fuji...

My take is that Fuji pride themselves on being responsive to their photographers: If you want a lens tell them, and get your mates to tell them. See what happens. I'm very interested to see how the G lens lineup evolves over the next couple of years.

marc aurel

There is a similar thread running over in Fuji...

My take is that Fuji pride themselves on being responsive to their photographers: If you want a lens tell them, and get your mates to tell them. See what happens. I'm very interested to see how the G lens lineup evolves over the next couple of years.
Well - yes, they are responsive - but not to everyones wishes ;-)

They did not yet respond to the needs of a all those people who asekd for shift lenses in the medium format forums. Nothing on the road map.
I understand that we are not the largest part of the market. But I had high hopes that Fuji might set a sign that architectural photographers can trustfully invest in the GFX system. Now I am not so sure.

It would be nice from Fuji to make an official statement that shifted lenses are coming next after the ones that are on the roadmap. Fuji provoked an expectation that shift lenses are coming with their survey on the last x-summit ("which shift lens do you want first?").

We now have some zooms and primes without serious focal length gaps - and even a very fast prime. So the basic needs of most photographers are served quite well now. A shift lens around 30mm would be very important to a lot of people.

Alkibiades

indeed it would be great if Fuji would start to produce some shift-tilt lenses.
They produced large format lenses for a long time, so thay could make similar lenses to Rodenstock Digarons, build in Tilt-shift mechanism.
This would open the Fuji system to architecture photographers- til now this system is not interesting for them.
I am sure fuji could make it in best optical quality but I doubt it, that they will ever make it.
It is always a better deal for big companies to produce cheaper mainstream lenses than some very special and expensive.

tjv

As much as I dislike using the GFX cameras at work – i.e. I don't own them but borrow them from time to time – a GFX100 with native PC lenses would give me serious thought to ditching my technical camera and Leaf back. 30mm and 50mm FL please!

algrove

As much as I dislike using the GFX cameras at work – i.e. I don't own them but borrow them from time to time – a GFX100 with native PC lenses would give me serious thought to ditching my technical camera and Leaf back. 30mm and 50mm FL please!
a 50FL native lens already exists and a 30 is on the roadmap for 2020

sorry did not read post close enough since I call them tilt lenses for my tech cam which shifts

Last edited:

archivue

let's hope laowa will make a 30 shift lense...

i'm using 50 and 90 with great success... adding a 30 would be perfect !

laowa... laowa... ?