The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GODOX hot shoe flash and X1D II

PedroL

As a panoramic photographer, I have very limited experience with using strobes. Need an answer for a customer : Will GODOX strobe - and which one - function in TTL mode on X1D II?
Any help/answer backed by experience would be appreciated. Thank you.

Boinger

As a panoramic photographer, I have very limited experience with using strobes. Need an answer for a customer : Will GODOX strobe - and which one - function in TTL mode on X1D II?
Any help/answer backed by experience would be appreciated. Thank you.
I believe it will if you use a nikon version.

I think the X1d uses nikon protocols someone correct me if I am wrong.

PedroL

I believe it will if you use a nikon version.

I think the X1d uses nikon protocols someone correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. Except Nikon SB800 will not work, only 700 or 900. I do not know about the rest of Nikon strobes. The question is will all models of GODOX function, or only some?
Thanks.

Tom B

I have a X1D II 50c and my Nikon SB600 speedlite do not work in ttl mode and often does not fire in manual mode. I have Canon 430EXIII-RT Speedlites that work fine in manual mode.
-Tom Brady-