The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Steven Friedman Phase One Artist Talk and Canadian Rockies Shoot

stevenfr

I will be giving a Artist Talk March 20th and examples talk March 21st in Canmore Alberta at The Avens Gallery. There will be a show of my large prints. As well, on March 22nd with B3K Digital and Phase One there will be a shoot in the Canadian Rockies with Phase One’s latest gear. One can register using the link below. Hopefully, I will get to meet some of you.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-week...tographer-steven-friedman-tickets-94694304213

My Artist talk info

Seeing Landscapes: The Creative Process Techniques and concepts to develop your eye in creating stunning landscape images with Steven Friedman Immerse yourself in the landscape.

Steven will open your eyes to landscape nature photography. He will explain how he came across the subject, and then explain the creative and technical process behind each image, sharing his adventures and his love of the wilderness along the way. Learn practical compositional photography techniques to capture the visual potential of the environment around you; composing pictures that have much more impact and interest. Learn how to visualize your images, add design elements to your composition to maximize impact, and how to shoot to the edges of the light. Steven will explore and analyze a range of images from his portfolio of images to help you understand how creating your own eye for composition can results in thought-provoking and enduring photographs.

Attachments

alatreille

Awesome Steven!

Have a great time out in Canmore!

A

I will be giving a Artist Talk March 20th and examples talk March 21st in Canmore Alberta at The Avens Gallery. There will be a show of my large prints. As well, on March 22nd with B3K Digital and Phase One there will be a shoot in the Canadian Rockies with Phase One’s latest gear. One can register using the link below. Hopefully, I will get to meet some of you.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-week...tographer-steven-friedman-tickets-94694304213

My Artist talk info

Seeing Landscapes: The Creative Process Techniques and concepts to develop your eye in creating stunning landscape images with Steven Friedman Immerse yourself in the landscape.

Steven will open your eyes to landscape nature photography. He will explain how he came across the subject, and then explain the creative and technical process behind each image, sharing his adventures and his love of the wilderness along the way. Learn practical compositional photography techniques to capture the visual potential of the environment around you; composing pictures that have much more impact and interest. Learn how to visualize your images, add design elements to your composition to maximize impact, and how to shoot to the edges of the light. Steven will explore and analyze a range of images from his portfolio of images to help you understand how creating your own eye for composition can results in thought-provoking and enduring photographs.

stevenfr

My show hanging at the gallery that represents my work in Alberta. The show got hung, but no one got to see it. Its nice to see the big prints hanging. Its not a big deal, especially given all the suffering in the world. Stay healthy.

Attachments

Last edited:

DougDolde

Man those are nice images and I bet you have many thousands of dollars wrapped up in their production

stevenfr

Thanks Doug. Yes its not cheap. The gallery was low on stock, so this catches them up to just about their normal amount. They will all sell, its just going to take time given the situation.

Man those are nice images and I bet you have many thousands of dollars wrapped up in their production

AlanS

Would love to see them "in the flesh" Steven, excellent!
As an aside would you mind telling me (us) how they are mounted (what type of paper and mount)?

stevenfr

Thank you Alan. I print on Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta and mount to dibond.

Would love to see them "in the flesh" Steven, excellent!
As an aside would you mind telling me (us) how they are mounted (what type of paper and mount)?