The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sekor Z, RZ67 sync problems with digital back

8dsf

Hello,
Has anyone experienced x sync speed problems between digital back and sekor Z lenses? I recently purchased the Leaf Credo and HX-701 adapter plate thanks to Andy-anlerman from forum. The problem I am having is that sekor 110mm lens with the sync speed above 1/250 is not recognized properly. 1/250 is recognized as 1/350, and 1/250 as 1/500 . On my second sekor 50mm anything above 1/125 is already indicating as higher shutter speed. Obviously photos are underexposed... I have also sekor 127mm and this one is a bit better as it jumps to 1/500 only at 1/400. Anything below is synced correctly. I am using multipin (8-pin) cable from Leaf Credo to the sekor z lens. Camera and lens contacts are clean.
Does it mean that the lenses are defective ? I got both lenses recently from RobertsCamera so I believe this can be repaired ?? :(
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
Adam

Last edited:

buggz

Which back specifically?
I have a Mamiya DM33 back, Mamiya 110/2.8, and RZ67 II Pro.
I will have to test the speeds and report back my findings...

buggz

Hi Adam,

Are you seeing this as metadata in the files?
I don't see any Aperture, nor Speed information.
I've tried differing apps, ExifTool, C1, PS-CS6Bridge, FastRAWViewer(trial expired), etc...

I guess I can test this against my lightmeter, Sekonic L-758DR ?

Though, I don't seem to have any noticeable problems.

Ed

buggz

Oh, I see you are using an 8 pin cable from the lens?

I don't understand that, as I only have one simple cable.
From the lens PC sync port to the digital back.

I wouldn't think it is a lens problem, as two differing lens exhibt this problem?

You are using the light meter from the body?
I also have used the light meter of the body.
I also have the AE Finder, the 1st version with the knobs on the side, not the top.
I have used both, the body shutter speed, and the AE Finder speed.
I use the spot meter setting of the AE Finder, as I am used to that.
Though, I have not measured either against an external light meter.

Do you have an external light meter?

8dsf

Hi Buggz, thanks for your answer.
I do use external light meter only as I dont have the AE finder. I have re-tested all with three lenses and only one seems correct (127mm) , other two (110 and 50) unfortunately not.
Last week I sent both lenses for repair so I will let you know the results when I get it back...I hope.

Adam

Oh, I see you are using an 8 pin cable from the lens?

I don't understand that, as I only have one simple cable.
From the lens PC sync port to the digital back.

I wouldn't think it is a lens problem, as two differing lens exhibt this problem?

You are using the light meter from the body?
I also have used the light meter of the body.
I also have the AE Finder, the 1st version with the knobs on the side, not the top.
I have used both, the body shutter speed, and the AE Finder speed.
I use the spot meter setting of the AE Finder, as I am used to that.
Though, I have not measured either against an external light meter.

Do you have an external light meter?