The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Another Phase One countdown on their website. What now?

MrSmith

So one of their curated stories is a hire studio a few miles away from me. am i supposed to be excited about that? (as a studio/still life photographer)
there is not even any top quality work to look at just a big white room and an equipment list.:wtf:

alajuela

Hi

I must be really dense, but I don't see any update of anything on the website.

Phil

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
It's a treasure hunt for the IQ4150 firmware upgrade. Marco's arrow points to the first clue!

RLB

Nice to see the work other photographers are producing

Now, wake me up when there is a FW update for IQ4. (without issues).

Robert B

kdphotography

Hi

I must be really dense, but I don't see any update of anything on the website.

Phil

Exactly.

Hence the sarcasm in this thread. More effort seems to be placed on marketing and the psychology of being a passionate photographer.

I'd rather see the resources shifted towards true firmware updates that address current feature sets that were promised---I'm not talking about R&D for future capabilities that were promises because the IQ4 has a real "computer inside."

Damn----even Dante has not given any snarky uplifting words of wisdom here. Kudos to the Photographers being mentioned/celebrated---don't take anything away from them. But, stuck here in the inferno---- give us something worthwhile to look forward to Pase One!

Geoff

Its pretty lame... One hopes for more, especially from a company long well-regarded for their professional and substantive products.

MILESF

yes, zzzz

although Miles was featured and he’s here on getdpi. So :thumbs:
I'm afraid I've only been an occasional contributor here over the years but I have learned a great deal from many here who are similarly in Dante's grip. For which many thanks.

Boinger

Wow did they really make a big hype train and countdown to say:

"Look at this picture"

I suppose the next countdown we can expect is to notify us of today's date...

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Lame.

The idea is fine, but the countdown thing is totally lame. I’ve never seen ANY company do a countdown for just adding some marketing hype to their website.

Rapidly losing confidence in Phase’s ability to really deliver promised functional products to the customers that have financed them all these years.

sad.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Given the hype over IQ4 being a more easily updatable platform, innovation seems to pretty damned slow ... glacial in fact.

I look after a solution that has 100’s thousands of users and processes billions of interactions per year. We deliver innovation and updates WEEKLY. Just saying ...

beano_z

I really wonder if there's actually anyone working at Phase One reading this......GetDPI must be one of only a handful places on the inter-web with such a high concentration of their customers and potential customers, so if their marketing department has committed time and resources for that countdown shenanigan I wonder how they and their management would react to a thread like this one :loco:

darr

I really wonder if there's actually anyone working at Phase One reading this......GetDPI must be one of only a handful places on the inter-web with such a high concentration of their customers and potential customers, so if their marketing department has committed time and resources for that countdown shenanigan I wonder how they and their management would react to a thread like this one :loco:
Their “largest dealer in the world” responds to postings here. Says Phase Out has better math in their software than competitors, but I honestly cannot believe it bc of all the disappointing comments about the lack of upgrades for their top of the line db. So they do have their ears on the ground here.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Their “largest dealer in the world” responds to postings here. Says Phase Out has better math in their software than competitors, but I honestly cannot believe it bc of all the disappointing comments about the lack of upgrades for their top of the line db. So they do have their ears on the ground here.
Darr,

I read Doug's comments a bit differently. He claims that the math in Capture One is the best, and I have yet to see better color conversion (where it exists), so I won't argue. B&W, I'm still undecided. Phase One and their product and firmware upgrades are, I believe, even more frustrating to the dealers than they are to us. We hold the dealers responsible, but they can't simply fix the problem. They DO yell and scream at the parent company (I'm extrapolating from Leica, where I know a lot more about the dealer/company relationships), but they can't make the firmware/upgrade/whatever suddenly appear.

Best,

Matt