Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase One IQ4150 Issues, Problems and bugs (Please add yours to the list)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Phase One IQ4150 Issues, Problems and bugs (Please add yours to the list)

What started me thinking for this post was a previous form post where it was mentioned the owners 4150 tends to stay in the safe. After reading that I realized that in the past 6 months, so has mine during many shoots. The shooting experience for me with the 4150 just is not the same as the 3100, which is tragic as the image quality from the 4150 is excellent.

Based on the current posts on this site and others, I believe it's fair to state that the average owner of the 4150 is disappointed over either missing features or current firmware bugs. However after searching this site I really could not find a post dedicated to the issues. Not sure if Phase One regularly checks this site, but it's a good idea to list issues in a public forum.

I feel also that what many owners are concerned about are "missing" features that were available in the 3100 or earlier CMOS backs. Sure Phase One, never guaranteed that these missing features would be available with the 4150, but they did make a big deal about how the new technology in the 4150 would allow for so much easier integration of new features since it was a totally new platform to develop from.

I have listed my issues below in 2 lists, current issues I feel need a fix, and issues that were either overlooked from 3100 or I feel should be addressed. Please note, my first 4150 was very buggy, and seemed to have constant issues that required power on/off rebooting. I was able to replace it with a Value Add loaner back from Phase One and since I received that back the issues I had for card mis-writes or freezes declined considerably. I am grateful to my Dealer, Capture Integration for their assistance with this.

Bugs:

1. Live View is less contrasty and thus makes manual focus harder. I noticed this from day one, and did point it out to my dealer and asked other photographers using the 4150 that had come from the 3100. For me the Live view screen is much harder to dial in a tack sharp manual focus, due to the fact that you see much less contrast in the view. While I still had both my 3100 and new 4150 I did several comparisons and each time the view on the 3100 was much easier to use for me. The focus peaking implementation on the 4150 to me is not the same as peaking as other cameras by other brands, (Nikon, Fuji, Canon etc.) and I find that I don't like the green color used by Phase. (If there is a way to change it white as all other cameras offer, please let me know). Overall the Live View experience for me with the 4150, is nothing like using the 3100, which from day one was excellent and allowed me to quickly dial in focus on a shot.

2. Auto Exposure during Live View is terrible, as each time it's used the screen blooms from over exposed to under exposed at least 3 to 4 times before finally settling down on a exposure. The exposure slider (similar to the one on the 3100), also seems to need finer tuning for exposure delineation. I just find it a very tedious process, again coming from a 3100.

3. Exposure simulation issues. From day one exposure simulation won't work in low light unless you pop the ISO up to a very high rate. Phase's answer was frame rate so that in low light you just can't use it. Well for 50% of my work, low light is just part of the shot. Exposure Simulation on any CMOS camera I have is so much easier to use and in fact all other cameras I leave in that mode. With the 4150, I just can't use it as even in bright light I find the exposures shown on the backs' LCD are as much as 3/4 a stop under exposed from reality.

4. Frame cropping issue with ES, should have listed this first. Since the latest firmware I continue to see an issue with the top of several images being cropped, between 1/4" ro 1/8 of an inch. With a horizontal image the crop is top, with a vertical image crop is to the left (due to how I rotate the back with a tech camera). This issue albeit not a show stopper is problematic since I tend to shoot a lot of pano's and do them with stitching. When this issue shows up, it just adds to the work flow as you have to crop down the remaining issues in the series. Once it shows in a series of images, I need to reboot the back with a power off/on.

5. 4150 is still buggy at times. I still see times where the back either freezes during a write to the card, most times causing a loss of file, and occasionally the back freezes during power up which requires a battery pull. Just mention this as in 2.5 years of use with the 3100, I never saw these type of issues.

6. 4150 does not correctly read remaining battery life. The 4150 shows 5% warning or less when there is easily 20% to 25% of real battery life remaining. I have confirmed this by charger info (pull the 4150 battery when it starts to blink and charger shows 20% left) and by putting same battery into a 3100, which did not show low battery and allowed me to use the same battery 15 more minutes.

Features that are Missing:

1. No adhoc wifi and Capture Pilot, enough said. Still amazing to me that nothing has been done for this. I still feel it's a tech package issue in that adhoc was left out of the design. I have been told this is not the case, but with wifi, most addressing issues are still hard wired to a card or board, so I am still curious to see why adhoc has not arrived. I guess since there is no support for Capure Pilot for the 4150, there is no need for adhoc, card leading or following the horse issue. For field use there is just no excuse for this. And please Phase One, don't blame it on the current iPad tech as the iPad has grown into a extremely powerful device, easily now capable of editing 4K video.

2. Power share between XF and 4150, only allows you to open the battery door on the back and replace the back's battery. It DOES not allow true power sharing between the XF battery and 4150. With the 3100 and power sharing, you could run easily for 1 hour to 1.5 hours on 2 batteries as the 3100 could pull power from the XF battery. This was a huge advantage for field use and I really miss this.

3. HDMI support for playback, again why is this not available? Any and every other camera that I know of that has HDMI support allows you to view the images in playback mode on an external screen. The 4150 only allows this for Live View, and not playback. I like that Phase finally allowed the user to move around the image during Live View when zoomed into 100% which was missing in the 3100, but it should just be a simple issue to let you preview the image on the same external monitor. Since there is no Capure Pilot support to allow this.

Please feel free to add to this list with new posts as each user has different needs and shoots in different situations.

Paul C
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phase One IQ4150 Issues, Problems and bugs (Please add yours to the list)

That is quite a list Paul. I'm glad I stayed with my IQ3 Trichro even though the color cast is significantly reduced on the IQ4 150. I'm used to using LCC and for my kind of shooting it works just fine. Aside from that I mainly use my IQ3 Achromatic.
    I recently got a decent offer on a demo IQ4 150 from my dealer, but I passed and I'm glad I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2660 View Post
    (If there is a way to change it white as all other cameras offer, please let me know)
    There is, my back is at home so i cant look into it right now but I remember seeing it when adjusting the threshold and playing with it. There is an assortment of little colored squares to pick from. I left it green, but have thought about making it red.

I think that of you click on the upper right of the "eye" icon they should come up.

EDIT: I just downloaded the latest manual and it shows this on page 51

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 10.48.52 AM.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	147634
    Last edited by Mexecutioner; 28th February 2020 at 09:49. Reason: Added info
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That is interesting as I believe I have latest firmware it my back only has a slider for threshold. No color bar shows. And the threshold bar has no percentage.

I am on

System 6.01.1
    IQ 4.01.1.

Dated. 02/10/2019.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

That is interesting as I believe I have latest firmware it my back only has a slider for threshold. No color bar shows. And the threshold bar has no percentage.

I am on

System 6.01.1
    IQ 4.01.1.

Dated. 02/10/2019.

Paul C
    That's bizarre. I believe I am running the same version as you are. I will double check when I get home.

I checked in my downloads folder just now and I downloaded 6.01.1 on October 21, 2019, so most like that's what's on my IQ4.

Rodrigo

Post Thanks / Like

This thread makes me want to go upstairs and kiss my Credo 60, which has zero glitches or problems for my use. I hope they sort the issues Paul points out with the IQ4150 because it’s a logical upgrade path for me for use with my technical camera. It does seem Phase are prioritising institutional / industrial photography over users like us and I am suspicious regarding them withholding features so that that can only be accessed / used on the XT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mexecutioner View Post
    That's bizarre. I believe I am running the same version as you are. I will double check when I get home.

I checked in my downloads folder just now and I downloaded 6.01.1 on October 21, 2019, so most like that's what's on my IQ4.

Rodrigo
    You are, I was not using the back in Live view, sorry for confusion. I was just looking at the Focus peaking menu in the back, which is different. Like you pointed out, you have to be in Live view, then slide from the right side, hit the eye icon, and then the screen looks like your post. Had to hit the eye icon several times to get it to bring up the menu, but got it to work.

Thanks for the input, as I was not aware of this and can strike that one off my list and increased the threshold to 850.

Moved it to white and that works much better for me.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

You are, I was not using the back in Live view, sorry for confusion. I was just looking at the Focus peaking menu in the back, which is different. Like you pointed out, you have to be in Live view, then slide from the right side, hit the eye icon, and then the screen looks like your post. Had to hit the eye icon several times to get it to bring up the menu, but got it to work.

Thanks for the input, as I was not aware of this and can strike that one off my list and increased the threshold to 850.

Moved it to white and that works much better for me.

Paul C
    Great! I am glad you got that one off your list!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Paul for creating this thread. This is really helpful for current users of the IQ4150 and prospective buyers. I just returned from a trip abroad and with shock noticed you point #4.

4. Frame cropping issue with ES, should have listed this first. Since the latest firmware I continue to see an issue with the top of several images being cropped, between 1/4" ro 1/8 of an inch. With a horizontal image the crop is top, with a vertical image crop is to the left (due to how I rotate the back with a tech camera). This issue albeit not a show stopper is problematic since I tend to shoot a lot of pano's and do them with stitching. When this issue shows up, it just adds to the work flow as you have to crop down the remaining issues in the series. Once it shows in a series of images, I need to reboot the back with a power off/on.

This ES implementation can't even guarantee that you get a full frame recorded. WTF! Lovely that this is not a showstopper for you but to me this was shocking. For example, if your LCC is really important and that can't be implemented anymore due to this issue, that is not helpful. Phase does know about this problem and is working on this. I heard that I was only the second person to notice this but obviously not.

My big "loss" upgrading from the IQ3100 to the IQ4150 has been the workflow of shooting with the copal shutter. You can't just cock and shoot anymore. A mayor bother when you shoot people and you can't time your shot easily anymore with the loss of spontaneity. If you push the wake-up button and you miss the allocated time to shoot, you can wait precious seconds for the DB to reset. It's even worse now then the old wake-up cable on the P backs.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the quality and workflow of this DB. However the IQ3100 was a more robust performer were everything worked as promised and expected.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for info on the cropped frames. I forgot about the LCC failure. And yes thatís very true. If the LCC does not pick up the same crop itís not useable.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

Paul..... I'm having a little difficulty regarding your cropping issue. Do you mean that the image itself has a 1/4 - 1/8 inch crop or the image as shown on the LCD screen? Obviously if the image on the LCD screen was 1/4 inch less in height/length that would translate to a much larger affect to the true image dimensions. If it pertains to the image itself then it is very minor albeit still an anomaly that shouldn't be there.

I can't see it so far but just tried a quick shot. From what I see so far I would probably have to shoot a ruler to see if there is a change from WYSIWYG to actual image.

Thanks for starting the thread.......

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't bothered with the latest firmware given all the issues that have been reported, so I'm still on a version from sometime last summer/early fall (and am sticking to it because its working for me). For my uses the IQ4 150 works pretty much flawlessly. I only work in electronic shutter and only on a tech camera and all my work is outside (landscapes). I've never bothered with the Capture Pilot or any tethering either. The live focus mask (compound movements), no LCC needed and frame averaging (ditching strong NDs, more creative flexibility) are god sends and I'm actually finding myself enjoying using the IQ4 150 more than any previous back.

That said, totally agree on the issues around exposure simulation and live view modes, I guess I've just adapted. What is very disturbing is what feels like the lack of attention from Phase One. I've never owned a Phase Body where I didn't update to the latest firmware until this one, but with their track record, I wouldn't touch a firmware update until it was baked with real users was sure all issues ironed out. For a $50k product, that should be embarrassing and frankly unless something major changes, this will be my last Phase product (I'm content to use the 150 in its current state until it dies).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    Paul..... I'm having a little difficulty regarding your cropping issue. Do you mean that the image itself has a 1/4 - 1/8 inch crop or the image as shown on the LCD screen? Obviously if the image on the LCD screen was 1/4 inch less in height/length that would translate to a much larger affect to the true image dimensions. If it pertains to the image itself then it is very minor albeit still an anomaly that shouldn't be there.

I can't see it so far but just tried a quick shot. From what I see so far I would probably have to shoot a ruler to see if there is a change from WYSIWYG to actual image.

Thanks for starting the thread.......

Victor
    Victor,

You can see the slight crop on the backs LCD. Itís very slight and easy to miss but I went back and looked at the images I have that were effected and it shows. Itís a small amount and is pure black where the image detail should be.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

That's helpful...... I don't see it on the quick image I took. I was very careful to note the top of the image and there is no black space from the taken image on the LCD back and that mimics from what I see on my computer screen.

I would be concerned if I saw what you are seeing.......

Victor B

Post Thanks / Like

Victor, if you look in C1 at your images and add a guide on the top of the frame and if you have the missing image (black band) you will see it jump. You will clearly notice this if you have the same issue happening. Phase has been able to replicate the problem and has noticed it happens when the timing between exposures is longer than 11 seconds and your capture for long stretches on time.

Post Thanks / Like

Helpful thread, thanks for starting Paul.

Post Thanks / Like

One big issue I'm seeing is that Phase One doesn't make them in Hy6 mount even after buying Leaf.

Post Thanks / Like

Say what now?!?! I had no idea about this. A total deal breaker for me if that’s the case. Surely this can be fixed in firmware if they wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviv1887 View Post

My big "loss" upgrading from the IQ3100 to the IQ4150 has been the workflow of shooting with the copal shutter. You can't just cock and shoot anymore. A mayor bother when you shoot people and you can't time your shot easily anymore with the loss of spontaneity. If you push the wake-up button and you miss the allocated time to shoot, you can wait precious seconds for the DB to reset. It's even worse now then the old wake-up cable on the P backs.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the quality and workflow of this DB. However the IQ3100 was a more robust performer were everything worked as promised and expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Say what now?!?! I had no idea about this. A total deal breaker for me if thatís the case. Surely this can be fixed in firmware if they wanted?
    There is no zero latency mode, so you need a wake up signal. The Alpa sync cord works fine, but not the cheapest solution.

Dave
    How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! - John Muir

davechewphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bug: the “I’m just kidding” No Images error that appears when you turn off the back. Only appears after you shoot a scene you are really excited about.

Missing:
    1. Manual entry for shift, tilt and rise/fall dimensions
    2. Changing electronic shutter speed from live view
    3. Indication that a dark frame will be necessary. On the 3100, the dark frame moon symbol used to gray out / not gray indicating whether a dark frame was required. No indication on the 4150.

Dave
    Last edited by dchew; 29th February 2020 at 02:52.

davechewphotography.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Dave.

I forgot about zero latency and need for a wake up cable. Giant step backwards.

Paul C
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com

Post Thanks / Like

Paul...... I just want to mention and thank you for continuing to harp about the poor focusing in live view. Anyone coming from a 3100 has to instantly see it..... and it's a major step backwards. It's not as bad as a GFX but it's nowhere near as good as a Sony who seem to have solved this issue in a camera 1/12 the price of a 4150. It's one thing to focus at a given target but quite another to see where the image goes in and out of focus so that you can gauge whether there is a front or rear focus bias. That, to me, is the most important aspect of focusing. It was rare for me to miss my focus with a 3100..... very different with the 4150 and a lot more work.

Focus, to me, is the first rule of a good image.

Maybe the next iteration with a $25,000 upgrade premium will solve this issue.....

Victor B

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Paul...... I just want to mention and thank you for continuing to harp about the poor focusing in live view. Anyone coming from a 3100 has to instantly see it..... and it's a major step backwards. It's not as bad as a GFX but it's nowhere near as good as a Sony who seem to have solved this issue in a camera 1/12 the price of a 4150. It's one thing to focus at a given target but quite another to see where the image goes in and out of focus so that you can gauge whether there is a front or rear focus bias. That, to me, is the most important aspect of focusing. It was rare for me to miss my focus with a 3100..... very different with the 4150 and a lot more work.

Maybe the next iteration with a $25,000 upgrade premium will solve this issue.....

Victor B

No, 1/14th for the color and 1/15th for the Achromatic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Victor B
    Victor

Its been a complaint of mine since day one. Amazing that Phase canít get the live view to be of the quality of the 3100, 350, 250, and 150.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Features that are Missing:

1. No adhoc wifi and Capture Pilot, enough said. Still amazing to me that nothing has been done for this. I still feel it's a tech package issue in that adhoc was left out of the design. I have been told this is not the case, but with wifi, most addressing issues are still hard wired to a card or board, so I am still curious to see why adhoc has not arrived. I guess since there is no support for Capure Pilot for the 4150, there is no need for adhoc, card leading or following the horse issue. For field use there is just no excuse for this. And please Phase One, don't blame it on the current iPad tech as the iPad has grown into a extremely powerful device, easily now capable of editing 4K video.
    I think the problem with Capture Pilot is Phase has decided to roll out some new “powerful” version that allows far more than the previous version, for example putting features that are currently in Capture One that can be done at the time of shooting on a device.

And I assume there are many who might find this useful.

I’m afraid they don’t realize that a great many users are using it for just what it is ... Capture Pilot. All I need is the ability to see and focus the image, and make a few changes and take a shot. Capture Pilot had all the functionally I needed. I’m too busy when shooting to worry about anything other than capturing the data. All I need to know is if it’s sharp, and if I exposed correctly. Yes you can do all of this from the back, but there are times when the back isn’t clear enough, and often when the back isn’t viewable because it’s either too high or too low.

I wish they would have just made the the previous capture pilot work, or rolled out their “new” thing with limited functionality and then added the new stuff instead of making their customers wait two years to get what they had.

I just got back from Death Valley, and I did take my Cambo DS with the IQ4 150, only because I didn’t want to focus stack at Badwater. But I didn’t take my XF kit. Headed to Hawaii soon, and the Fuji will be with me. First trip to Hawaii since 2007 that I won’t have a Phase Kit with me. And it’s not weight, if I leave out the 240 (which I rarely use, to the point I’m going to sell it) the Phase and Fuji systems are almost identical in weight. The Fuji app isn’t great either, but at least it’s functional.
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wayne,

I also hope Phase manages to release something that just gives back the basics like Capture Pilot.

Personally, I would not want the ability to work on a raw from the 4150 on a iPad or similar device, as my workflow usually involves a lot of layers and masking, one of the great strengths of C1. I want to work on the image at home on a large screen.

I still wonder if an adhoc wifi solution is really even something that can be brought forward, since most wifi capability is hard wired to a board at build (comparing this to a PC). But Phase has been quiet on this since day one. They seemed to be much more focused on the ability to attach to a "real" network in a studio and seem to have given those users a great solution, but overlooking possibly the needs for field use. The other solution of attaching to a surface pro, via USB, is not really a solution for me as I don't want to carry the extra weight and the cable limits usability.

Paul C
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com

Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree with Paul and Wayne. All that is needed is a Capture Pilot app that works with the IQ4150. All we need to do is check focus/exposure and change camera settings. We are not going to be editing 150 megapixel files in the field on an iPad. It could even be a proxy file that is sent to phone or tablet.

Henrik HŚkonsson needs reassign the whole mobile app development team and license an app from a third party. Talking to Profoto about their app developer would be a great idea.

Something all of the Phase One employees and Axcel need to keep in mind is they may be majority stockholders but they are minority stakeholders. The endusers are the majority stakeholders, we hold the ultimate power on whether or not the company survives as a hardware/software company or just a software company. It might be wise for Phase One to reflect upon that.

Cheers,
    Weldon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weldonbrewster View Post
    ...Henrik HŚkonsson needs reassign the whole mobile app development team and license an app from a third party. Talking to Profoto about their app developer would be a great idea...
    Cheers,
    Weldon
    Yes, and reassign them to the firmware development team!

Its fun being part of the Armchair Executive Management Team, but the compensation sucks.

Dave

davechewphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dchew View Post
    Its fun being part of the Armchair Executive Management Team, but the compensation sucks.

Dave
    Well maybe they will give you a $500 discount on your next upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

Iíve been reflecting upon this thread for a while and I think a call to action is in order. All the marketing hype surrounding the IQ4150 was just that, hype. There does not appear to be any movement on the part of Phase One to fix any of these problems and/or bugs.

Iíve had some really good experiences with Phase One support but I think they lack the leverage to actually enact change. Iím going to list the people that do and I would encourage everyone reading this to reach out to to them. In a professional and courteous manner we as majority stakeholders must ask that these problems are fixed immediately. We also need to be kept informed of the progress on a regular basis.

Quick background on current Phase One management/ownership (someone correct me if Iím wrong.) Phase One is 60% employee owned and 40% owned by Axcel. Axcel acquired their share on June 17th, 2019 from Silverfleet Capital. (Change of ownership could be part of the problem.) The key people are Henrik HŚkonsson, CEO of Phase One and Christian Bamberger Bro, Responsible Partner for Phase One at Axcel.

Henrik HŚkonsson
    Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
    Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christia...alSubdomain=dk

Christian Bamberger Bro
    Email: [email protected]
    Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/henrik-h...alSubdomain=dk

I firmly believe in a stakeholder rather than a shareholder company governance. Customers are the majority stakeholder in any business. Without them you donít have a business. Phase One needs to understand their role and make the customers a priority.

If you do email either of these gentlemen please do so in an extremely polite manner. As they say, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

All the best,
    Weldon
    Weldon

weldonbrewster.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by weldonbrewster View Post
    Quick background on current Phase One management/ownership (someone correct me if I’m wrong.) Phase One is 60% employee owned and 40% owned by Axcel. Axcel acquired their share on June 17th, 2019 from Silverfleet Capital. (Change of ownership could be part of the problem.) The key people are Henrik HŚkonsson, CEO of Phase One and Christian Bamberger Bro, Responsible Partner for Phase One at Axcel.
    According to this press release Axcel acquired the majority stake, by how much I don't know, maybe it's the other way around.
    Axcel | Axcel invests in Phase One

Post Thanks / Like

Can a Phase One dealer please confirm if Phase One is even aware of and working on a fix for the ďyour ES captures randomly replace the top part of your frame with pure blackĒ bug? (Thatís #4 in Paulís list below). Itís crazy that we have to choose between, for example, better live view and not having our frames randomly cropped by buggy firmware. Embarrassing. 🙄

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

From support: The non-capture of full frame is to do with a known issue with the IQ4 in ES mode. This is a known firmware issue and we are waiting for a fix from R+D. What happens is a black bar appears in the top of the image in ES mode. From our testing, it seems that it only appears if you wait a full 10-11 seconds after the initial 1st shot. Seems if you fire 2 shots closer together, the issue does not happen. So very odd, and our firmware guys are busy analysing the code to try to find the cause. This will be fixed.
    Al Simmons
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram: @teamwork_photo / @alvin_simonides

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Which is why I notice only with a tech camera use as with the XF, I can fire much faster.

Thanks for the info.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

My quick test of Dual Exposure + reminded me of another problem/bug/feature:

When in both Frame Averaging and Dual Exposure + modes, you cannot really tell if the ES button recognized the press. There is no programed delay countdown.

Dave

davechewphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Dave..... When I tried Dual Exposure for the first time I thought that the Back didn't accept my 'touch' so I gave it another quick touch and then the back went a little bizerk and never made the capture. The recognition delay of the press is something that hopefully will be fixed.....

Victor B

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Dave..... When I tried Dual Exposure for the first time I thought that the Back didn't accept my 'touch' so I gave it another quick touch and then the back went a little bizerk and never made the capture. The recognition delay of the press is something that hopefully will be fixed.....

Victor B
    Lol another one of those things that should never have made it into a tested firmware.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Scratch the Live view issues from the list.

With the latest firmware live view on the 4150 is now working like it did in previous Phase One CMOS products.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

Got a response from Drew over on PhotoPXL that indicated they are working on the ES improvements (gray out/countdown/shutter speed adjust in LV).

Sounded promising.

https://photopxl.com/forums/topic/the-phase-one-lab/

Dave

davechewphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi

I would like the focus mask confirmation on the shot after taken (like the IQ3100), but still keep the focus peaking for manual focusing.

Thanks

Phil