Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Quote Originally Posted by tcdeveau View Post
    Congrats Joe!

Unrelated to the 907, but how does the 35-75 do with the triobal and Novoflex legs? Still no ETA on my lens but I’m curious about stability with those legs
    The combo of 907X/CFV-II 50C with XCD 35-75mm, Arca-Swiss L75, and Novoflex TrioBalance and legs didn't feel unstable or top-heavy. Note however that I didn't have the legs extended beyond two leg sections. The Novoflex tripod has a shallow leg angle and I'm very careful when I use it with a heavy camera/lens and need to extend the legs to my normal working height. Windy conditions compound that concern.

Joe

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another from my shooting around the condo.

Bananas – Santa Clara 2020
    Hasselblad 500CM + CFVII 50c + Distagon 50mm f/4 T*

enjoy!

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

mOOn camera, 907X 45mm X-pan...
    testing 1-2-3 testing 1-2-3

mOOn X-pan I
    by tOny endieveri, on Flickr

mOOn X-pan II
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phOtOny teXas View Post
    mOOn camera, 907X 45mm X-pan...
    testing 1-2-3 testing 1-2-3

mOOn X-pan I

mOOn X-pan II
    I can only assume with the blue sky showing through a small window slit with the black geometric shapes, that you took these "testing 123" images through the narrow window of a stealth bomber (as shown).

Dave (D&A)

*** Image (c) Google (in the public domain)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by D&A; 15th March 2020 at 01:05.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

D&A my usual ride is a SR-71 Blackbird but it has been in the hanger for some upgrades so I took out the Old F117 Nighthawk for a quick spin.
    At 684 miles an hour I was worried about camera shake/motion blur but as you noticed NO PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    I can only assume with the blue sky showing through a small window slit with the black geometric shapes, that you took these "testing 123" images through the narrow window of a stealth bomber (as shown).

Dave (D&A)

*** Image (c) Google (in the public domain)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

D&A my usual ride is a SR-71 Blackbird but it has been in the hanger for some upgrades so I took out the Old F117 Nighthawk for a quick spin.
    At 684 miles an hour I was worried about camera shake/motion blur but as you noticed NO PROBLEM
    LOL!!
    Hmm. How much room for groceries have ya got in that thing?

My ride ain't got much room for groceries either, but is a touch more leisurely about how I get places...

Living Room Art – Santa Clara 2020
    Hasselblad 907x + XCD 21mm f/4
    ISO 200 @ f/4 @ 1/3 second

enjoy, G

No matter where you go, go there on two wheels.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

mOOn 907X at warp speed with XCD 65mm
    Limited time with this unique camera but I'm getting the feel of it. In imposed LOCKDOWN for awhile but I hope soon out into the Wild with it.

Ship View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    LOL!!
    Hmm. How much room for groceries have ya got in that thing?

My ride ain't got much room for groceries either, but is a touch more leisurely about how I get places...

Living Room Art – Santa Clara 2020
    ISO 200 @ f/4 @ 1/3 second

enjoy, G

No matter where you go, go there on two wheels.
    I don't have a bike, but if I ever get one, I want one like yours Godfrey, it looks so cool and the color and finish is beautiful!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

mOOn 907X at warp speed with XCD 65mm
    Limited time with this unique camera but I'm getting the feel of it. In imposed LOCKDOWN for awhile but I hope soon out into the Wild with it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a2181aa3_c.jpg

Ship View[/url] by tOny endieveri, on Flickr
    Very very cool!

G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mexecutioner View Post
    I don't have a bike, but if I ever get one, I want one like yours Godfrey, it looks so cool and the color and finish is beautiful!
    Thank you! Just wait until you see it with the custom wheels I'm having built for it... They're gonna be so pretty!

G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Time for another photo:

I may be stuck at home due to the virus crisis ordinances now in place, but the Irish bears came out to celebrate ...

Happy St Paddy's Day!

Irish Bears - Santa Clara 2020
    Hasselblad 500CM + CFVII 50c + Makro-Planar 120mm f/4

enjoy!
    G

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a silly question (intrigued X1D II owner here), but how do you shoot portrait-orientation shots on the 907x? Is there a "rotating back" setup like a Mamiya RB/RZ, or do you just awkwardly turn the whole thing and not flip up the screen?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clonardo View Post
    This may be a silly question (intrigued X1D II owner here), but how do you shoot portrait-orientation shots on the 907x? Is there a "rotating back" setup like a Mamiya RB/RZ, or do you just awkwardly turn the whole thing and not flip up the screen?
    No rotating back so it's the awkward turn AFAIK.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tcdeveau View Post
    No rotating back so it's the awkward turn AFAIK.
    Note that most of my shooting with the 907x so far has been tripod mounted. Like with my Hasselblad 500CM and SWC cameras, I find the 907x particularly well suited to tripod shooting. In this respect, it's a fundamentally different camera from the X1D models which are much more akin to a 35mm SLR in shape and handling character (much like the*FF Leica SL, Panasonic, and Nikon EVF cameras).

• Most of the time, I crop to square, no rotation needed like I always had with Hasselblad V system cameras. That's a nice 39 Mpixel camera.
    • When I use full frame, I shoot horizontals most of the time.
    • When I want to shoot portrait orientation, I have used a right angle bracket to keep the camera centered over the tripod.

Hasselblad showed an accessory control grip and an optical viewfinder mount in prototype photos when the 907x was announced. The connections and locating pin are there on the bottom of the 907x body. When these accessories are available, the 907x will be a less awkward hand-held camera, much like my old Mamiya 1000S and Pentax 645 6x4.5 SLRs were in the past; the Pentax had a built in grip and right angle finder as standard, the Mamiya had the same things as accessories. They worked well, but obviously a 35mm SLR design camera, like the X1D, is a better camera for fluid horizontal/vertical hand-held use.

Certainly, if I were looking for a camera with that kind of shooting in mind, I'd choose the X1D over the 907x as a matter of course. I was intent on the 907x as an extension and update to my Hasselblad V system, with the modularity of a separable back being used interchangeably between the 907x and 500CM bodies with their respective lenses.

G

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

...Hasselblad showed an accessory control grip and an optical viewfinder mount in prototype photos when the 907x was announced. The connections and locating pin are there on the bottom of the 907x body...

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Godfrey, how have you been finding the results compare between the 907x/XCD setup vs as a back on your V gear?

Other than the clearly more compact setup, is there any compelling reason not to just build up V system components around the back?

Post Thanks / Like

My perspective:
    I have not even thought about Awkwardly, the camera is basically a Cube. Rotate it 90degrees shoot...it fits in the Palm of your hand. Shutter button top right if you rotate counter clockwise verses bottom right, No problem...

Its easier than the Leica I use or any standard camera body that would need rotation for portrait view, which you Awkwardly rotate with a hand on top or bottom. Camera shape in hand basically the same except shutter button on top right instead of bottom right.

Your Mileage May Very

Post Thanks / Like

My perspective:
    I have not even thought about Awkwardly, the camera is basically a Cube. Rotate it 90degrees shoot...it fits in the Palm of your hand. Shutter button top right if you rotate counter clockwise verses bottom right, No problem...

Its easier than the Leica I use or any standard camera body that would need rotation for portrait view, which you Awkwardly rotate with a hand on top or bottom. Camera shape in hand basically the same except shutter button on top right instead of bottom right.

Your Mileage May Very
    It would work much easier if the rear screen articulated in 2 axis (axes).

...gregg

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

How about bringing out a version with a 38 x 38 mm sensor, which is about the same area as the current sensor.
    That would really fit Hasselblad's heritage and as an added benefit avoid having to rotate the camera.
    My Pics
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes!...square image/sensor would give excellent facility as it did in the era of Rollieflex (which I grew up with).....the square image gives printing/display of either horiz. or vert. shots or a square shot (which is very useful for book and magazine illustration) And, as Pegelli says, it lends itself to very efficient camer handling as there is no dithering about with format choices....

......If only they would make a square sensor camera!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugleone View Post
    Yes!...square image/sensor would give excellent facility as it did in the era of Rollieflex (which I grew up with).....the square image gives printing/display of either horiz. or vert. shots or a square shot (which is very useful for book and magazine illustration) And, as Pegelli says, it lends itself to very efficient camer handling as there is no dithering about with format choices....

......If only they would make a square sensor camera!

A digital cameras should have square sensors! Nikon could introduce something like a 30x30mm sensor if they were smart. Or even 36x36 I think. Then just allow the user to select both the orientation and frame ratio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedgraphic View Post
    A digital cameras should have square sensors! Nikon could introduce something like a 30x30mm sensor if they were smart. Or even 36x36 I think. Then just allow the user to select both the orientation and frame ratio.
    Ixpress V96 or P1 H20 or P20

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnat View Post
    Godfrey, how have you been finding the results compare between the 907x/XCD setup vs as a back on your V gear?

Other than the clearly more compact setup, is there any compelling reason not to just build up V system components around the back?
    From a use standpoint, the 907x camera setup offers more shooting options than a 500CM (or any other 500 series body) does, and the XCD lenses are specifically designed and optimized for use with a digital sensor. Plus, given the shallow mount register of Hasselblad X system, and the back's capability to do electronic shutter, it's amenable to plenty of specialty work with easily available and less expensive alternative mount lenses (like my Leica R and M equipment). So on that basis, the 907x is easier to use and probably a bit more capable as a standalone camera than a typical V system camera kit.

The quality of the V system lenses, however, is really very very good to excellent and most of the ones I have (four: 50, 80, 120, and 150 mm) work well with the back and sensor ... AND I already own this kit. So the notion of "building up a V system kit" is kind of a non-issue for me, personally. The biggest justification for that if you don't have a Hasselblad kit already might be that a 500CM body and four lenses like mine is available pretty inexpensively (my entire V system kit cost me less than the XCD 21mm lens, purchased between 2012 and the present); the add-on of the CFVII 50c back alone makes for a pretty compelling digital and film capable system.

But I wouldn't buy just that. Because of the smaller format of the back's sensor, wide angle lens choices are limited ... whereas with the 907x body in addition, you have lens choices down to 21mm in the Hasselblad X line as well as adaptation of other short focal length lenses that work pretty well with the sensor, particularly if cropped to 33x33 format. I haven't tested them yet, but I'm pretty sure my Leica Super-Elmar-R 15mm f/3.5 will perform beautifully, and maybe even my Voigtländer HyperWide 10mm f/5.6, on the square format.

Making square format sensors is an interesting concept but is probably limited by marketability. Most users today want the oblong rectangles and there are production economies that can be taken advantage of that making limited numbers of square sensors much more expensive. The difference between 33x33 and 38x38 are fairly small from an FOV and DOF perspective; so I just crop and everything works well with image resolution of about 39 Mpixel.

And as someone else pointed out, the 907x is basically a cube with a lens on the end. The essential controls in use are minimal and pretty simple too. Rotating it in hand-held use isn't that difficult, really, as long as you work at eye level and look at the LCD from the back.

Adding more extensive articulation to the LCD would increase its size and weight, as well as pose more question marks on the durability. Allowing the back to be fitted in two orientations would be interesting, but again more complexity and probably not as nice a tightly-fitted and clean looking design... Plusses and minuses.

I'm quite happy with the design and use of the 907x/CFVII 50c as is, and with the versatility of using the same back with my existing V system bodies. Depending on what I want/need to do, it lends a lot of capabilities that I can take advantage of.

G
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

907X mOOn camera with Macro attachment and XCD 65mm

Plenty of time on my hands with this virtual lockdown so I paint and take experimental macros of my paintings.
    I'm not sure how this will translate after I had to knock down the files so much and use Flickr compression crap for posting. I can say for sure the camera is a pure JOY to use and the files out of it blow me away...

mOOn glaSS 2

mOOn glaSS 1

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

907X mOOn camera with Macro attachment and XCD 65mm

Plenty of time on my hands with this virtual lockdown so I paint and take experimental macros of my paintings.
    I'm not sure how this will translate after I had to knock down the files so much and use Flickr compression crap for posting. I can say for sure the camera is a pure JOY to use and the files out of it blow me away...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...1896194a_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...0aa86329_c.jpg
    Very interesting, Tony. Hard to say whether these work or not, for a couple of reasons..
    • I have no idea of the scale of what you're showing.
    • There seem to be some sharpening artifacts, etc, in the rendering and some slightly over-saturated highlights. Or is that what the painting has—some radically contrasty bits?

They're certainly curious to look at. Perhaps you can tell us more on what your paint work is about.

G

Post Thanks / Like

These are very close ups, about 4". Painting on glass thats backlit, high contrast. Im definitely in the experimental discovery process.
    Thanks for your input...
    back to play

Very interesting, Tony. Hard to say whether these work or not, for a couple of reasons..
    • I have no idea of the scale of what you're showing.
    • There seem to be some sharpening artifacts, etc, in the rendering and some slightly over-saturated highlights. Or is that what the painting has—some radically contrasty bits?

They're certainly curious to look at. Perhaps you can tell us more on what your paint work is about.

G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A near-full-frame image:

Painted Tins - Santa Clara 2020
    Hasselblad 500CM + CFVII 50c + Distagon 50mm f/4 T*

enjoy!
    G
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

907X mOOn XCD 65mm with macro adaptor

My Head X
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty wild, Tony!

G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My Head X
    This reminds me of the work done by Charles Lindsay with carbon emulsion. If you don't know it, you might enjoy the book The Edge of Vision: The Rise of Abstraction in Photography by Lyle Rexer by Aperture.
    Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome!

My Head X
    David
    Queenstown, NZ.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday's conversation on another thread led me to play with a couple of lenses that I hadn't yet. The one native lens I have for the 907x at present is the XCD 21mm .. I wondered what a couple of my R and M lenses might do on it. I have the Fotodiox Pro adapters.

So I pulled out two of my extreme wides for the R system and then both my ultra-ultra wide 10mm for the M as well as the 43mm wide-normal.

In each of these panels, the top row is the XCD 21mm as reference. The left column is the full frame rendering; the right column is a square crop to the maximum image area where no vignetting occurs. All exposures at ISO 800 and f/8, shutter speed jiggered around to get commensurate exposure per frame, and processed in LR to make exposures close as I can (quickly). The subject distance (camera to bicycle) is about 4.25 feet.

R Mount - I tried the Elmarit-R 19mm f/2.8 v1 and the Super-Elmar-R 15mm f/3.5. Given that the 19mm is only 2mm shorter than the XCD 21mm anyway, and vignettes, there's really no point to using it in preference to the 21mm. The 15mm nets a useful additional amount of FoV. Both lenses, in their non-vignetted area of coverage, render very nicely.

M Mount - The two lenses I tried in this test are radically different, both from each other and from the XCD 21mm. And they're interesting: The Pentax-L 43mm, being essentially an SLR lens specially adapted to LTM/M-mount, vignettes only at the corners of the full frame. Cropped vertically, it's perfect. The Voigtländer HyperWide 10mm, an ultra-ultra-wide angle that just barely covers the format even on FF, shows this wonderful view that looks like you're looking out of the mouth of some toothy beast (yup, those are the little stubby bits of the rudimentary lens hood built into it...) in the full frame image. Cropped*square down to just within the hard vignetting, it shows substantially more FoV to work with than the XCD 21mm still. And at full resolution, it's a pretty darn good performer throughout. An impressive lens.

Higher resolution versions of these comparison grids are available by clicking through to Flickr.com on them.

enjoy!
    G
    Last edited by Godfrey; 24th March 2020 at 10:17.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

907X mOOn cAmerA, XCD-65mm, Twinning By Asexual Reproduction

Twinning

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

907x with ultra ultra wide lenses ...

Follow on to a prior post I made:

I experimented with test fitting the Leica M-mount Voigtländer HyperWide 10mm f/5.6 onto the Hasselblad 907x camera, using a Fotodiox Pro "M to X mount" adapter and the electronic shutter. Two exposures to compare: Both of these photos are made from identical camera position, 4.2 feet from the bicycle, at f/8 lens opening @ ISO 800. Exposure time (and post processing) compensated a little bit to make them render to about the same illumination.

First, for reference, a native, full-frame (33x44 mm sensor) shot with the Hasselblad XCD 21mm f/4 lens:

#1:

Simply cropping square nets the equivalent field of view of the classic Hasselblad SWC ultrawide camera (Zeiss Biogon 38mm f/4.5 T* lens):

#2:

The question I sought to answer was: How would the image differ if I adapted the almost absurdly short Voigtländer 10mm lens to the camera? Here's the full frame capture ...

#3:

... where you can see the rudimentary, tiny stubs of the lense's permanent, built-in lens shade poking into the top and sides of the image coverage. These obstructions are *just* outside the field of view with the lens fitted to a 35mm FF format camera. To me, it looks like I'm inside the mouth of some toothy creature….

Next I cropped this image to a square that fitted just inside the hard vignetting obstructions at top and bottom:

#4:

This presents an "Ultra-SWC" square format FoV, with I'm guessing about 125° diagonal angle of view, a whopping ~30° more subject coverage on the diagonal than the SWC has! (For reference, the calculation is based on the diagonal AoV of a 38mm lens on 56x56 mm format vs what I'm estimating as 10mm lens on 28x28 mm cropped format.) What I'm most amazed at is that the detailing and rectilinear correction of this 10mm lens remains really good right out to the corners! Pretty fantastic performance.

Now to figure out what to do with all this insane field of view.

G

"If you're stuck in hell, you may as well roast some marshmallows."
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

While I'm waiting for the outdoor temperatures to warm up a little before heading out on my bicycle for today's isolation exercise ride, I was thinking of the question: "How will I carry the 907x with one lens on a bicycle ride?"

My most secure and smallest bicycling-friendly bag suitable for carrying a bulky camera in is a Wotancraft Mini Rider. I pulled it out, set it on the kitchen counter, and collected the minimum set of stuff that I'd need to carry in it. And then I squeezed all of it in:

The bag, its harness, and the entire kit all fits .. even without expanding the bag to its full capacity! .. and weighs 7 kilograms.

In the front zippered pocket, there's just enough room to fit my wallet, AirPod power case, and the spare Hasselblad battery.

In the main zippered compartment, my eyeglasses case (for sunglasses) lays on the bottom, the camera with XCD 21mm lens fits on top of it, and my iPhone slides into the rear zippered and padded pocket.

In actual cycling practice, I'll likely slide the glasses case as well as my small bottle of water and my small bicycle lock into the saddlebag instead. And when the 45P lens arrives, there will be more space in the main compartment of the bag (and it will be a bit lighter too). More space means more convenient to carry and to get things in and out of.

But at least I now know that I can carry a minimum kit of this camera in a secure and not overly intrusive way, safely and with some options for actually using it. I have a couple of larger sling bags (the regular sized Wotancraft Easy Rider and the Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L) that will handle a larger kit when I'm willing to carry the additional load, but the goal today was to see whether this bag would address the minimum kit. It does, I'm happy: Another bag NOT to buy is always good news to me...

Onwards,
    G
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Being in Lockdown and all this time on my hands I have to shoot something with this Beautiful Camera. I may be sucking the bandwidth of this thread, sorry but I'm learning the camera and trying to show others what a fine tool it is. When I can get out-and-about I'll shoot more recognizable pics for now some of my painting is what I'm posting... zOOm iN fOr deTaiL
    Lay-Low and Stay Safe
    tOny

Six Feet Under
    Last edited by phOtOny teXas; 28th March 2020 at 06:34.
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Being in Lockdown and all this time on my hands I have to shoot something with this Beautiful Camera. I may be sucking the bandwidth of this thread, sorry but I'm learning the camera and trying to show others what a fine tool it is. When I can get out-and-about I'll shoot more recognizable pics for now some of my painting is what I'm posting... zOOm iN fOr deTaiL
    Lay-Low and Stay Safe
    tOny

Six Feet Under
    These are all absolutely fascinating and quite stunning.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Experimentation day... Using the 907x plus an adapted Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8 for film scanning.

Juice Shop - San Francisco 2019
    Hasselblad 500CM + A12 + Distagon 50mm
    Ilford HP5 - Kodak HC-110 1:49, 8 min, continuous agitation
    Scanned: Hasselblad 907x + Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8

So yes, it works. It works very well!

The full resolution upload I made to Flickr is a half resolution, 3000x3000 pixel image, if you want to look at that just click on the image above.

enjoy!
    G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving SF on CalTrain...

Riding Trains - San Francisco 2019
    Ilford XP2 Super - Kodak HC-110 1:49, 8 min, continuous agitation

enjoy!
    G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

No explanation needed...

Waiting - San Francisco 2019

BTW, just noticed that it wasn't HP5 but Ilford XP2 Super that I used in the camera for the past three photos I've posted. Oops!

enjoy!
    G

Post Thanks / Like

Are you placing glass over the negative? It looks like you are. May I suggest using anti-Newton ring glass. It works well for me, but just a suggestion.

Joel

No explanation needed...

Waiting - San Francisco 2019

BTW, just noticed that it wasn't HP5 but Ilford XP2 Super that I used in the camera for the past three photos I've posted. Oops!

enjoy!
    G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoelM View Post
    Are you placing glass over the negative? It looks like you are. May I suggest using anti-Newton ring glass. It works well for me, but just a suggestion.

Joel
    Yes ... I noticed the newton rings last evening. Sigh.

I made an error when capturing this set in that I had the negatives turned face down for correct orientation in the viewfinder on capture. That puts the glossy back of the negative in contact with the glass, causing newton rings. I'll have to recapture with the negatives flipped over (I reflip L->R in Lightroom) which eliminates this problem. My light source has a micro-matte diffuser surface so that eliminates the rings in that orientation.

I generally don't like scanning with glass-sandwiched negatives for this reason (and the possibilities of scratching and dirt, etc); the glass also cuts the negatives' sharpness by a tiny amount too. I have a much much better/easier to use glassless negative carrier for 120 roll film scanning on the way, but with all the hoohah of the coronavirus plague going on, it's hard to say when it will appear. Not much to be done in the meanwhile, just go back and re-scan properly.

Thanks for the note!

G

Post Thanks / Like

I think the X1D and the CFV should have two V-notches on the edge of the capture area, just for old time's sake.

I miss them.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sog1927 View Post
    I think the X1D and the CFV should have two V-notches on the edge of the capture area, just for old time's sake.

I miss them.
    The question is, which edge?
    Easy enough to add as part of the image processing workflow, however.

I have four or five Minox subminiature cameras. Each of them has it's distinctive notch in the film gate too, they're all placed differently!

G

Post Thanks / Like

907X - mOOn cAmerA - XCD 65mm and me Locked Down...

A Blue Sophist

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still in the "play and learn" phase of ownership with the Hasselblad 907x. One amusing thought that came to me the other day was "What if I fit the Leica M to Hasselblad X adapter, and then stick the Skink Pinhole with Zone Plate f/71 disk on it?" I wondered how the Live View and electronic shutter would work.

I set the camera up and looked at the LCD. Hmm. ISO 3200 and I can only see things if I'm out in sunlight. Eshutter limited to 1 second exposures … Oh well, I'll just use Bulb. And, eh?, all the exposures are going to be several if not tens of seconds, let's just try hand-held… LOL!

So off I went around the condo looking at Things In Place… Most exposures were between 3 and 8 seconds, many were simply discarded, but I found six out of the bunch that I thought were amusing enough to show. And then I thought, "These are way too low-fi to present in a big image … they kinda look like Polaroid shots in a way … Hmm, I can use the Shake-It Photo app on the iPhone to work them into a Polaroid SX-70 frame …" So I did.

Click on photo to see the rest of the gallery - Six photos total.

Don't laugh at me too much.

enjoy!
    G

"Only the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

Post Thanks / Like

907X-mOOn cAmerA-XCD 65mm-macrO extensiOn-pAinTing

Chosen One Anunnaki

Chosen One

Post Thanks / Like

907X - mOOn cAmerA - 65mm XCD
    Hummm, thats all I got being stuck at hOme...

My Head Hurts

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite the run of abstracts, Tony!

I've been putzing about the condo today, experimenting with the XCD 21mm lens.

Dining Table - Santa Clara 2020
    ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1/6

Red Sofa - Santa Clara 2020
    ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 3/4

Mexican Bear - Santa Clara 2020
    ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1/2

Kitchen Sink - Santa Clara 2020
    ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1/10

Great art...? LOL! But it's fun and I'm getting to know the camera pretty well now.

enjoy,
    G

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Kitchen Sink - Santa Clara 2020
    ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1/10[/CENTER]
    G