The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
In the true spirit of "fun with", I received my kit yesterday (directly from Hasselblad) and was able to get outdoors (in the rain) this afternoon to test "proof of life".

Two "moon rocks", the CFV-II 50C/907X with the XCD 35-75mm zoom (forgive the iPhone snaps):

Joe
You know, the screen should slide on tracks up onto the top of the back. Maybe with a hood... :grin:

tcdeveau

In the true spirit of "fun with", I received my kit yesterday (directly from Hasselblad) and was able to get outdoors (in the rain) this afternoon to test "proof of life".

Two "moon rocks", the CFV-II 50C/907X with the XCD 35-75mm zoom (forgive the iPhone snaps):

As you can see from the scene, the light was not bright and I was able to focus with no difficulty using the "flippy" rear LCD. I'll mount the CFV-II 50C back on the 503CW this weekend and see how that works. Happy so far. :D

Joe
Congrats Joe!

Unrelated to the 907, but how does the 35-75 do with the triobal and Novoflex legs? Still no ETA on my lens but I’m curious about stability with those legs

phOtOny teXas

907X mOOn camera XCD65mm
I realize this is not typical Get DPI photography but I am using the 907X for helping with my vision of photography.:D
I will leave the in-depth camera reviews to the more competent. I can say the 907X is the best user interface of any digital camera I have ever touched.

mOOn Hobby Control Tower 1
by tOny endieveri, on Flickr

darr

907X mOOn camera XCD65mm
I realize this is not typical Get DPI photography but I am using the 907X for helping with my vision of photography.:D
I will leave the in-depth camera reviews to the more competent. I can say the 907X is the best user interface of any digital camera I have ever touched.

mOOn Hobby Control Tower 1
by tOny endieveri, on Flickr
I applaud your originality.
I like abstract art, and photography that ventures in it.

Best to you,
Darr

PeterA

As you can see from the scene, the light was not bright and I was able to focus with no difficulty using the "flippy" rear LCD. I'll mount the CFV-II 50C back on the 503CW this weekend and see how that works. Happy so far. :D

Joe
Congratulations Joe- use it in good health. Looks like a great evolution of the CFV line of backs providing a lot of amenity for those who own/use XCD and V lenses.

Cheers
Pete

hcubell

I have relented, I paid the deposit this morning. Sounds like I will have the only one n NZ. My wife isn't happy so I will have to sell some stuff to placate her.:p
I was reading your post about ordering the 907x, and you said your wife wasn’t happy so you will have to sell.....I immediately thought you would say that you were going to to have to sell your wife! After all, this is the Inferno.

Godfrey

Yet another from my shooting around the condo.

Bananas – Santa Clara 2020
Hasselblad 500CM + CFVII 50c + Distagon 50mm f/4 T*

enjoy!

G

D&A

Attachments

Last edited:

phOtOny teXas

D&A my usual ride is a SR-71 Blackbird but it has been in the hanger for some upgrades so I took out the Old F117 Nighthawk for a quick spin.
At 684 miles an hour I was worried about camera shake/motion blur but as you noticed NO PROBLEM:grin:

I can only assume with the blue sky showing through a small window slit with the black geometric shapes, that you took these "testing 123" images through the narrow window of a stealth bomber (as shown). :)

Dave (D&A)

*** Image (c) Google (in the public domain)

Godfrey

D&A my usual ride is a SR-71 Blackbird but it has been in the hanger for some upgrades so I took out the Old F117 Nighthawk for a quick spin.
At 684 miles an hour I was worried about camera shake/motion blur but as you noticed NO PROBLEM:grin:
LOL!! :thumbup:
Hmm. How much room for groceries have ya got in that thing?

My ride ain't got much room for groceries either, but is a touch more leisurely about how I get places...

Living Room Art – Santa Clara 2020
Hasselblad 907x + XCD 21mm f/4
ISO 200 @ f/4 @ 1/3 second

:D

enjoy, G

No matter where you go, go there on two wheels.

Mexecutioner

LOL!! :thumbup:
Hmm. How much room for groceries have ya got in that thing?

My ride ain't got much room for groceries either, but is a touch more leisurely about how I get places...

Living Room Art – Santa Clara 2020
Hasselblad 907x + XCD 21mm f/4
ISO 200 @ f/4 @ 1/3 second

:D

enjoy, G

No matter where you go, go there on two wheels.
I don't have a bike, but if I ever get one, I want one like yours Godfrey, it looks so cool and the color and finish is beautiful!

Godfrey

I don't have a bike, but if I ever get one, I want one like yours Godfrey, it looks so cool and the color and finish is beautiful!
Thank you! Just wait until you see it with the custom wheels I'm having built for it... They're gonna be so pretty! :D

G

Godfrey

Time for another photo:

I may be stuck at home due to the virus crisis ordinances now in place, but the Irish bears came out to celebrate ...

Happy St Paddy's Day! :D

Irish Bears - Santa Clara 2020
Hasselblad 500CM + CFVII 50c + Makro-Planar 120mm f/4

enjoy!
G

clonardo

This may be a silly question (intrigued X1D II owner here), but how do you shoot portrait-orientation shots on the 907x? Is there a "rotating back" setup like a Mamiya RB/RZ, or do you just awkwardly turn the whole thing and not flip up the screen?

tcdeveau

This may be a silly question (intrigued X1D II owner here), but how do you shoot portrait-orientation shots on the 907x? Is there a "rotating back" setup like a Mamiya RB/RZ, or do you just awkwardly turn the whole thing and not flip up the screen?
No rotating back so it's the awkward turn AFAIK.