The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 20: Pause Live View before shooting with Fuji GFX? 🤷🤷🤷

Capture One 20: Pause Live View before shooting with Fuji GFX? 🤷🤷🤷

I'm new to Capture One 20 (and i'm new to Fuji either... I'm coming from Canon), so forgive me if I sound dumb
but with my previous softwares I was able to see the live view and settings, all in one window, and whenever ready i could click the virtual camera button on the PC interface and take the photo. right?

On Capture one, if i understand correctly, Live View is a separate window, and I have to pause the live view to be able to capture the image.
Im not able to click the capture button while on Live view now... which seems dumb to me but maybe i'm doing something wrong...

is it normal that i have to pause the live view before shooting? how can i see the live view and shoot at the same time?
is this a Fuji problem?

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Re: Capture One 20: Pause Live View before shooting with Fuji GFX? 🤷🤷🤷

The tethered behavior of each camera is limited to what the camera itself supports. So, for example, that is not a limitation when tethering to a Phase One back.

I don’t keep track of Fuji’s tethering limitations, so could not confirm specifically that this is an expected limitation of their lineup. Perhaps someone else here can.

Pelorus

Whilst it does not give the other benefits of tethered shooting, it may be interesting to try Fuji's Cam Remote app for iOS.

I really like it, it allows live view and shutter triggering among other things.

My limited tethering experience with the 50R, if I recall correctly, was the same as yours: live view needed to be paused before tripping th shutter.

Whilst it does not give the other benefits of tethered shooting, it may be interesting to try Fuji's Cam Remote app for iOS.

I really like it, it allows live view and shutter triggering among other things.

My limited tethering experience with the 50R, if I recall correctly, was the same as yours: live view needed to be paused before tripping th shutter.

Thanks. Good to know, at leas tit's not just me ;)
Hopefully they may fix it in the future...

Ok I finally found out about this software / plugin

FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO

[url]http://app.fujifilm-dsc.com/en/tether/index.html

[/URL]
I'm surprised Fuji doesn't mention it in the GFX software page

this is the BEST software so far. I ditched C1. what a headache compared to Lightroom/Photoshop if you have FUJI!!