The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Next XT Lenses Announced

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Today Phase One has officially confirmed what we have long suspected will be the next three native lenses for the Phase One XT:
- Rodenstock 50mm
- Rodenstock 90mm
- Mid-Long lens TBA

We will have pre-order forms up on our website in the next day or so, but our sales team can take your pre-order immediately; contact your DT sales person or email [email protected].

Of course, DT will be at the vanguard of testing these lenses on the XT when they become available, and will have them in our inventory for rentals, trial evaluations, testing, and purchase.

As a reminder, the Phase One XT can also accept any Cambo-mount lens, including Canon lenses, Hassy 500 lenses, Schneider / Phase One / Mamiya lenses, and Schneider/Rodenstock lenses (including TS mounts thereof). However, only with native XT lenses do you get features like lens/movement metadata integration (for automatic corrections in C1), an integrated leaf shutter (sync at 1/1000), and electronic readout of the backs movement in real time. With this announcement the current and immediately forthcoming native XT lenses are as follows: 23mm, 32mm, 50mm, 70mm, 90mm, and a mid-long lens TBA. If you're coming from the world of small-format you can find focal length equivalents here.

Examples of some of the lenses compatible with the XT:
(source).

Thank you to all who completed our Lens Development Priority form; the released lenses are exactly aligned to the requests we received.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Rodenstock HR50 beat out the HR40?

:loco: :wtf:
The 50 is a sharper lens and the 40 is quite close to the 32 in focal length. It was also requested far more often on our feedback form.

But of course the 40 is also a very nice lens, and these three will not be the last lenses added to the XT, so by all means voice your feedback here on what should be next after these three.

RLB

The 50 is a sharper lens and the 40 is quite close to the 32 in focal length. It was also requested far more often on our feedback form.

But of course the 40 is also a very nice lens, and these three will not be the last lenses added to the XT, so by all means voice your feedback here on what should be next after these three.
The 32mm Rode Hr is a fabulous lens and I have a love affair with it, but that comes at the price; cost, size and weight. The 40mm Rode is a fantastic lens too at 1/2 the size and weight compared to the 32mm. I feel the 40mm has a bit more native distortion, of course mostly correctable in post.

Mid long lens? Look no further than the Schneider 120mm ASP. There is no better solution for focal length, sharpness, size and weight. The issue will be the extension for the mount in front or rear of the XT. But I expect DT has already been working on that for a while now...

Robert B

Paul2660

If they extend the mount for the 90mm Rodenstock same extension should work for the 120mm Schneider. On an Arca system both lenses use the same back extension.

Cambo I believe makes a 120mm Mount without an extension not sure about the 90mm. Issue with 90mm May be mass forward of mount it’s a heavy lens.

Paul C

Paul2660

Just how much is an XT/IQ150 and three of the Rodie lenses for it?
Around 80K.

That’s is a new 4150 not an upgrade.

XT is 6K
23mm is 12K
32mm is 12K
79mm is 9K

So 40K just for XT and 3 lenses.

I am sure the just announced 90mm will be at least 11K

Paul C

kdphotography

Cambo I believe makes a 120mm Mount without an extension not sure about the 90mm. ...

Paul C
Cambo showed their new "long barrel" 90mm mount on facebook a while back. WTSA-892x . I think it is pretty easy to extrapolate that the 120mm will be forthcoming at some point in the same mount

79683971_823325701457133_47415549889609728_n.jpg

Ken

Christopher

The 90 will be closer to 14k... the 50 probably 11k as well.

I actually would say the 50 is certainly the better choice as it’s an amazing lens. And I used it much more often compatriot the 40mm.

The problem is still there. For the cost of one XT lens I was able to buy the mini cube, the 50mm and the 90mm lens.....

The whole system is just crazy expensive for just a few tiny benefits... and the same amount of drawbacks.

Around 80K.

XT is 6K
23mm is 12K
32mm is 12K
79mm is 9K

Paul C

Paul2660

No pictures on the P1 site I can find of new XT lenses. Or mention of them.

The 90mm with the long barrel may be the way they go but that’s still a lot of weight out front.

Paul C

RLB

Around 80K.

XT is 6K
23mm is 12K
32mm is 12K
79mm is 9K

Paul C

These lens prices are a run-a-way train compare to where we were 5 years ago. Case in point the 32mm Rode was about 1/2 the price 7-8 years ago that it is now (without a mount). Schneider mostly jumping out of view lens production has really opened the cash doors up for Rode; supply and demand.

vjbelle

Sooner or later someone is going to 'really' take notice of the crazy markup for these lenses and possibly a competitor will emerge. Zeiss, Fuji, Schneider certainly come to mind and even if the price isn't so much affected competition may open up lens design possibilities that may be welcome by the small market place.

Victor B

Mexecutioner

Sooner or later someone is going to 'really' take notice of the crazy markup for these lenses and possibly a competitor will emerge. Zeiss, Fuji, Schneider certainly come to mind and even if the price isn't so much affected competition may open up lens design possibilities that may be welcome by the small market place.

Victor B
You'd think they would if they could sell more than just a few here and there. Who knows what the R&D costs are?