The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What are your plans during this time of chaos and social distancing?

dave.gt

In keeping with the glacially slow pace of life lately, I decided to shoot some Velvia 100 and E100 slide film this morning with my trusty old Nikon AF. OMG, I love the sound of the film advance!

I think I shall shoot a bit more of that this week. Then I will switch to the 120 film backs with TriX and Velvia already loaded.

What are you guys doing for fun?:grin:

gurtch

So I've used my spare time to get Nikon Scan (for a Coolscan 9000) and Minolta Scan (for a DSE 5400) software installed and functioning on a Windows 10 PC. Scanned a 1992 portrait of a dear former neighbor. Her appearence, demeanor and house made us feel as if we had a grandmother across the street. Miss you Nona :) Kodachrome and likely a Pentax LX with a longer lens.

I have a Nikon Super Coolscan 8000. I was lucky when I bought it used several years ago, it had the hard to find Glass negative carrier to hold the film flat. Here is a BIG PLUS: It runs and is compatible with Vuescan!
Good luck, stay safe.
Dave in NJ

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
There is no question that this pause has caused stress and insecurity, especially financially, in an industry that had already been hit hard even before the pandemic. Having said that, many people I spoke with shared the feeling of quietness, peace and stillness, something few of us have experienced for a long time. I personally see it as an opportunity to reach deeply into my own work. Even though I shoot less, I spend more time reviewing and curating my work. Many questions and personal inquiries have come to the surface, issues which were squashed by the busyness of my daily live. For the first time, in this strange quietness, I could sit down and review my work and my progress as a photographer. It is a sort of unexpected gift. This personal review provides me with some clues about the next direction I want to take.