The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kipon adapter for Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach lenses

Hello all,

I am making this a cross forum post. If this has been asked before, please point me to that posting.

Has anyone used the Kipon adaptor for Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach lens to Sony E mount? I just bought a Sony A7R IV has my replacement 2nd camera system, and want to get lens adaptors.

My issue is that the Kipon adaptor descriptions tend to be vague at best, so I would like to know what works, and does not work between the lenses & camera.

Thanks,

J.D.

chbenard

Hello all,

I am making this a cross forum post. If this has been asked before, please point me to that posting.

Has anyone used the Kipon adaptor for Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach lens to Sony E mount? I just bought a Sony A7R IV has my replacement 2nd camera system, and want to get lens adaptors.

My issue is that the Kipon adaptor descriptions tend to be vague at best, so I would like to know what works, and does not work between the lenses & camera.

Thanks,

J.D.

Hi James,

I haven't tried the new Kipon adapter because it is fixed. I am successfully using the FotodioxPro tilt/shift adapter with several of my SK blue ring lenses - 35mm LS, 80mm LS and 120mm LS - as well as an older Mamiya 210mm, both on the A7R III and A7R IV. The only limitation is that the aperture needs to be preset on the XF camera. Rise-fall works perfectly and resulting images are sharp from corner to corner. This system in addition to my adapted TS-E lenses is all I use for architectural and interiors work. Still waiting for Phase One to launch at some point my dream camera: a full-frame 54x40 mirrorless system with an EVF that can not only take blue ring SK lenses, but also adapt to the XT camera and act as a digital back on it.

A7R IV - SK BR 80mm LS.jpgA7R IV - SK BR 35mm LS.jpgA7R III - SK BR 35mm LS.jpgA7R III- Mamiya 210mm.jpg