The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MF Article on Hunts Mesa-Navajoland

jng

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the article link. It's a wonderful narrative with beautiful images (as expected, of course). I was lucky to spend some time in Monument Valley on one of Ken Doo and Don Libby's infamous Pigs Anti-Workshops, co-organized with the good folks at Capture Integration. I was especially lucky to hop in Ray Philips' car as we headed off to Yei Bi Chei in the pre-dawn darkness. Ray proved himself to be a gracious and knowledgeable host with a keen photographic eye as well. We had overcast skies that morning so a dramatic sunrise like the one you experienced was not in the cards. However the light was soft and beautiful, which made for some pleasing images. Later that evening Ray and co. took the group to Mystery Valley for sunset - an amazing way to cap off a great day. I didn't make it up to Hunts Mesa but I understand that those who did made it back down safely!

Your article motivated me to go back and look at my set of images from that trip, which brought back some very nice memories of the time I had with some great folks, some of whom have become good friends and also hang out in the inferno here at GetDPI.

Best wishes to all as we ride out the pandemic.

John