The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 645 lensplate for Cambo Actus?

I cannot find a Contax 645 lensplate for Cambo Actus. I have the Pentax one, the manual Canon, copal 0, and I know Mamiya and hasselblad exists... and Im using the FUJI GFX system

**forget the C645 lenses aperture issue for now**

solution 1:
Contax 645 lens > fotodiox adapter C645-EOS (with aperture control) > Cambo Actus Canon EOS lensplate > FUJI GFX
I will have same freedom of movement as with my TSE lenses, not a lot ...

solution 2:
Contax 645 lens > C645-to-M65male* > M65 female-to-Pentax 645> Cambo Actus Pentax 645 lensplate > FUJI GFX
* I don't think this exists

thoughts?

rdeloe

I cannot find a Contax 645 lensplate for Cambo Actus. I have the Pentax one, the manual Canon, copal 0, and I know Mamiya and hasselblad exists... and Im using the FUJI GFX system

**forget the C645 lenses aperture issue for now**

solution 1:
Contax 645 lens > fotodiox adapter C645-EOS (with aperture control) > Cambo Actus Canon EOS lensplate > FUJI GFX
I will have same freedom of movement as with my TSE lenses, not a lot ...

solution 2:
Contax 645 lens > C645-to-M65male* > M65 female-to-Pentax 645> Cambo Actus Pentax 645 lensplate > FUJI GFX
* I don't think this exists

thoughts?
Both seem rather complicated. Regarding the Fotodiox adapter (C645 to EOS), it's not actually controlling the aperture of the C645 lens. It's putting an aperture behind the lens. I wouldn't assume that will produce results you're happy with. For the second one, you'll need a machinist (which is usually expensive).