The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 in-depth review

vieri

Ladies and gentlemen, I have put together a blog page with my in-depth review of the Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom.

The page is here:

https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2020/04/hasselblad-xcd-35-75mm-f-3-5-4-5-in-depth-review.html

Hasselblad claimed it to be one of the best lenses they ever designed, and in short, the lens is amazing, sometimes even better than primes at equivalent focal lengths.

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments, best regards

Vieri

B L

It seems like Hasselblad has struck gold. Thank you for the test. I dont have the X1D but GAS is.........

vieri

It seems like Hasselblad has struck gold. Thank you for the test. I dont have the X1D but GAS is.........
You are very welcome, glad you found the review useful :) GAS is... normal, in this forum!! :ROTFL::ROTFL: Have a great Sunday, best regards

Vieri

Photon42

I am not the typical user of zoom lenses, so take my comment with that in mind. I just feel that a comparable 2.8-3.5 28-60 in full frame terms would not cut it. 28 FOV is not really wide, and for Street the size of the lens is too large, I find. I can see how the lens can help with precise framing when the surroundings do not allow.

I would love to see more primes with larger f-stops, maybe built the way the new 45/4 is. That is, with mechanical focussing. Not sure though this works out with heavy glass.

Hey,

I got the zoom a few weeks ago. Yesterday was the first time I used it, first time I went out our front door in 5 weeks! I was very impressed. I do wish it was the same 35-90 as the H version, but I don't think they wanted to make it any larger. It was so nice to have the zoom ability, especially while I was trying to social distance during the shoot. One thing that I noticed is that it focuses really closely. I feel like the minimum focus distance is was closer than the H lenses are. Here's a fun shot with it in Central Park.

Attachments

vieri

I am not the typical user of zoom lenses, so take my comment with that in mind. I just feel that a comparable 2.8-3.5 28-60 in full frame terms would not cut it. 28 FOV is not really wide, and for Street the size of the lens is too large, I find. I can see how the lens can help with precise framing when the surroundings do not allow.

I would love to see more primes with larger f-stops, maybe built the way the new 45/4 is. That is, with mechanical focussing. Not sure though this works out with heavy glass.
Well, it all depends on what your needs are :) works very well for me as a landscape photographer, while for street I would never use it.

Hey,

I got the zoom a few weeks ago. Yesterday was the first time I used it, first time I went out our front door in 5 weeks! I was very impressed. I do wish it was the same 35-90 as the H version, but I don't think they wanted to make it any larger. It was so nice to have the zoom ability, especially while I was trying to social distance during the shoot. One thing that I noticed is that it focuses really closely. I feel like the minimum focus distance is was closer than the H lenses are. Here's a fun shot with it in Central Park.
Glad you are enjoying the zoom :)

Best regards,

Vieri