Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad H4D 40 40.0MP vs Pentax 645D

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hasselblad H4D 40 40.0MP vs Pentax 645D

Just speculating to see which is the Best for portraits and Group shots. I know the Pentax lenes are less expensive and some have Excellent IQ
    I shoot mainly with strobe and OCF. Any feedback is appreciated. thanks

Also to save some money what about the H3D-?? I dont need more than 30Mpx. Its more for my Personal use now. Family and friends and a few portrait jobs Thanks
    Last edited by rollsman44; 2nd May 2020 at 12:05.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad H4D 40 40.0MP vs Pentax 645D

I have the H4D-40 and it's a great portrait shooter. The 2.2/100 or the 3.2/150 are fantastic for . If you're using OCF you'll like the option for leaf shutters in the Hasselblad system. H glass can go for pretty cheap if you're patient enough, I picked up the 150 for about $700 and the 100 for $1150ish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you. I appreciate it I am waiting for a few more responses to be sure

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have not shot the Hasselblad, but I have shot a Pentax 645D and Phase One p25+ in the studio with strobes. Apart from the clunky Phase interface and limited ISO range, both produced excellent portraits. The lighting is more of a factor in quality than the camera. I think it comes down to personal taste and whether one offers particular lenses or features.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I appreciate that. I always use sufficient lighting. Clunky and heavy BUT the IQ on the 645D is excellent and the lenses are very good and less expensive. I have not tried the Phase one backs so I dont know. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you need a leaf shutter, you'd be much better served by more current full frame offerings. The sensor tech is better and the service and parts availability is much better as well. I don't see either one of these systems making practical sense unless you need a leaf shutter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you Abstraction. That makes sense to me. I was looking for something for me as Personal use. I have shot Medium Format in the past and I sort of got used to the Beautiful files they produce.Was looking for an older model to save on cost as its only for me to use as a FAMILY camera/Some portrait jobs that come along. Thank you