The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Applying Film Emulations GFX 50R?

gurtch

How do I apply Fuji Film emulations for my GFX 50R? I have, for example, Velvia selected in the camera. I presently develop the raw RAF files in DXO Photolab 2.0. I see nowhere the option to apply the Velvia "look". I do have an older version of Film Pack 2.0, but for some reason, it will not load TIFF files (The only choices are TIF or JPG). I have been told that Capture 1 will provide the option, and I have the free Capture 1 Fuji program, but Capture 1 does not work for me...I lose files, cannot find files, etc (I am a senior...old dogs, etc).
Thanks in advance
Dave in NJ
P.S. I will also post in the Fuji Forum

W33ASK

How do I apply Fuji Film emulations for my GFX 50R? I have, for example, Velvia selected in the camera. I presently develop the raw RAF files in DXO Photolab 2.0. I see nowhere the option to apply the Velvia "look". I do have an older version of Film Pack 2.0, but for some reason, it will not load TIFF files (The only choices are TIF or JPG). I have been told that Capture 1 will provide the option, and I have the free Capture 1 Fuji program, but Capture 1 does not work for me...I lose files, cannot find files, etc (I am a senior...old dogs, etc).
Thanks in advance
Dave in NJ
P.S. I will also post in the Fuji Forum
As far as I'm aware you need to save the File as a JPEG and it's applied in camera.

rdeloe

Dave, the only way to get the actual Fuji film simulations is via the JPEG, in camera, or using Fuji's own RAW development software, which uses the camera to do the development. You can then write out a TIFF file that has that film simulation applied by the camera to the RAF. Note that anything you can do with this program on your desktop you can do in your camera to the RAF (and conversely, nothing you can't do in your camera can be done with the desktop software because it relies on the camera).

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/software/x-raw-studio/

Programs like Capture One and Lightroom provide their best shot at Fuji's film emulations. I use Lightroom, and for the ones I've compared they're pretty much bang on. Apparently the Capture One folks worked closely with Fuji, so C1's are very faithful too I've read. I don't know which other vendors/tools have versions of the Fuji film simulations.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member