The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase IQ4 screen flicker

vjbelle

Since updating to the latest firmware (7.00.7) the screen on my 4100 jumps/flickers in live view at 100% pixels. Only happens when I move the image around and stops immediately but is 100% repeatable and extremely annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I alone?

Thanks much.....

Victor B

vjbelle

Since updating to the latest firmware (7.00.7) the screen on my 4100 jumps/flickers in live view at 100% pixels. Only happens when I move the image around and stops immediately but is 100% repeatable and extremely annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I alone?

Thanks much.....

Victor B
Nobody with a 4150 can tell me if their screen flickers?

Would like any feedback before contacting my dealer....

Thanks....

Victor B

Paul2660

Mine hasn’t flickered in about 4 months. Last time I powered it on. I have noticed the issue since day 1. Commented to my dealer. But still see issue depending on light. Have latest firmware as of Jan 2020 not sure if anything else has been released. Once I re charge everything I will check again.

Paul C

vjbelle

Thanks Paul.....

FWIW..... I rolled back to the factory firmware and then applied each subsequent firmware testing each one for this anomaly. My LCD is rock solid until the last update. If you have this issue then I'm pretty sure everyone does.

Victor B

Last edited:

Gerd

Hello Victor,

i documented the problem at Phase One Germany last year. They were able to understand it and confirmed the problem (I also have videos of it somewhere). For me, it mainly occurred on the Cambo with pictures with a high contrast range (e.g. sky / landscape) in connection with auto brightness in Live View.

Since version 7.00.7, I have not noticed it personally. But that doesn't mean anything - I haven't worked much in the past three months due to the crisis.

Greetings Gerd

RLB

We have not experienced any issues with screen flicker on our IQ4 with any of the firmware variations we loaded.

Robert B

dchew

Hi Victor,
Sorry, I’ve had my head buried in a new printer so haven’t checked many forums lately. Interesting that my flicker / pulsing used to be a problem but I have not noticed it in a long while. I am on 7.00.7 but use live view in the mode that mimics the exposure. I forget what they call it. One of the modes suffered from flicker while the other didn’t. Maybe I am using the one that isn’t a problem.

Dave

vjbelle

My back is in the same live view mode - mimics exposure. In any magnification level once I take my finger off the LCD screen the image really flickers and stops immediately. Drives me nuts..... Only experienced this with firmware 7.00.7.

Victor B

vjbelle

Hi Bill..... the manual is referencing a different type of flickering which is associated with 60hz or 50hz light sources.

Oddly enough if I change my live view to 'Viewfinder' mode the flickering/jumping which occurs immediately after lifting my finger off of the LCD screen is gone. So, I am convinced that this is a software issue - but still annoying.

Victor B