Site Sponsors

Thread: Fuji GFX 50R

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fuji GFX 50R

Dante struck again when Fuji offered the GFX50R at a $1,000 savings.

I got the 50R yesterday and compare it to what I remember of the Leica M9 I had a couple years ago. Both have a similar design of a brick with the M9 slightly smaller and less weight. It all evens out with the larger sensor and 51 vs 18 megapixels. The ISO range is much better as well.

I ordered the 50mm pancake as an afterthought and won't see that until tomorrow; in the meantime I've raided the lenses for the GFX100 and have been using the 45mm for testing.

I wouldn't have thought about this camera while I still had the 50S as it was just too similar. However now that I have the GFX100 I can see the 50R as a nice companion for when I want to go smaller and lighter.

The great thing about this setup is that I don't need to have any other lenses as what I have fits both the 100 and 50.

Nice to know that Dante is still speaking to me..
    Don Libby
    www.ironcreekphotographyblog.com
    Tucson AZ
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji GFX 50R

Enjoy the combo of the GFX 50R and 50! I decided that the GFX100 was not for me for a variety of reasons but was pleasantly surprised with the GF 50, especially at the price Fuji has been selling it this year! I set my expectations low due to reports of soft corners but did not have any issues with its performance at all, and really liked its rendering, which I found a bit "Leica like". I can see myself picking up a 50r with a GF 50 sometime in the future.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Don,

Clearly, it takes more than a pandemic to interfere with Dante's work. You are now a proud member of the 150 Mp club!

John
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jng View Post
    Hi Don,Clearly, it takes more than a pandemic to interfere with Dante's work. You are now a proud member of the 150 Mp club! John
    Just think - if I pick up another 100 I'll be in the 250 club!
    Don Libby
    www.ironcreekphotographyblog.com
    Tucson AZ
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by med View Post
    Enjoy the combo of the GFX 50R and 50! I decided that the GFX100 was not for me for a variety of reasons but was pleasantly surprised with the GF 50, especially at the price Fuji has been selling it this year! I set my expectations low due to reports of soft corners but did not have any issues with its performance at all, and really liked its rendering, which I found a bit "Leica like". I can see myself picking up a 50r with a GF 50 sometime in the future.
    Absolutely! I agree with you about the GF50 rendering. It is a spectacular lens at this price point. In fact, according to Lloyd Chambers the GF50 beats any other GF lens in this focal length including the GF45mm. He wrote: "The GF 50/3.5 passes with flying colours capturing an incredible level of detail on the 100-megapixel sensor. The Fujifilm GF 50mm f/3.5 is surely the best performer in its range in the GF line in every way. That alone should make it a top choice for many shooters as a must-have." I agree with his findings. In fact, I was so pleased with the GF50mm that I will be selling my GF45mm.

GFX 50R
    GF50mm
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post