The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca D4 Clamp Question

Neil1975

Hi guys, newbie to this forum.

Recently purchased the fabulous AS D4 with the classic screw knob which I absolutely detest with a passion!
So looking to swap it out for a different clamp (luckily the fastening bolt is easily extracted) and was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions other than the RRS types as these are very expensive to source from the UK.

Appreciate any advice.

Many thanks
Neil

kdphotography

Neil,

I have an extra RRS lever release clamp. M6 screw. B2 AS II H

I rate it at an Exc++ US$50 total shipped to you, if you are interested.

There is a catch. Paypal or other to me for US$25.00

And the remaining US$25 balance, hit and pay the Paypal donate button for the GetDPI website on the upper right.

PM me here if interested.

Ken

Paul2660

Just a note, if you are using a Arca camera (rm3di etc.) don't move to the RRS style clamp as it will not adjust tight enough, and allows slippage of the camera. Any other camera should be fine.

Paul C

Neil1975

Neil,

And the remaining US$25 balance, hit and pay the Paypal donate button for the GetDPI website on the upper right.

Ken
Hi Ken,

That's an extremely kind offer from you which I'm more than happy to accept! Thank you very much for your generosity.
I will PM you a little later so we can exchange details.

Thank you again Ken,

Have a great day.

Best Regards
Neil

Neil1975

Neil,

Ken
Hi Ken,

I can confirm the clamp arrived today, so thank you once more.
I shall be fitting to the D4 this evening!

Best Wishes
Neil