The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

COVID 19 Lock Down Photo trips

gurtch

Hello all: During the lock down my wife and I , both VERY senior citizens, have been going on local motor trips where social distancing is not an issue. I am posting on MF, FUJI and Sony forums as I use a GFX 50R, and Sony A7RII. This is a 4 minute video that shows my latest stuff during the Pandemic. I hope it will lift your spirits a bit during these trying times. Please enjoy and stay safe.
Dave and Sharon Gurtcheff, Beach Haven, NJ
P.S. I have never done this before so it is not professional or polished.
THE LINK IS HERE:
Verify to Continue

gurtch

Dave,

Thanks for sharing, very nice presentation! Love it!

And inspiring. :thumbs:
Thanks Dave. Our local pubs and watering holes have been closed down. We really miss meeting our friends for "happy hour" several nights a week, so getting out is good for us.
Dave

D&A

Wonderful Dave...not only for your lovely inspiring images but your zest for life and making the most of any situation, especially one as trying as the Covid-19 pandemic. Both you and your wife are an inspiration.

Dave (D&A)

gurtch

Thanks again. Just trying to lighten people up during these trying times. During the pandemic, we receive hundreds of emails with jokes, light hearted stories etc. We recentLy received an email with a video of beautiful still photos, not by one photographer, but by many un- named photographers. It made me think maybe I could do a similar thing for our family and friends. It was an after thought to publish it here.I also posted it on another unnamed photo site. 99% of the comments were positive but this was also posted:

"With the proliferation of still photos to view on this site, I have neither the time nor interest in looking at videos.

If I did, I would go to a video site. JMO"

Thanks all for being kind here.
Dave

Multi-quote · Like

Eiro

Watched the video, it was nice. When you were out and about any trouble over you being out during the quarantine from cops or any people of power so to speak ? Any hints of dissatisfaction that you were out taking photos during this downturn ? Or was it all good ? Well obviously you got great pictures out of it, but generally speaking if there was any drama along the way due to being out during lockdown.

gurtch

Watched the video, it was nice. When you were out and about any trouble over you being out during the quarantine from cops or any people of power so to speak ? Any hints of dissatisfaction that you were out taking photos during this downturn ? Or was it all good ? Well obviously you got great pictures out of it, but generally speaking if there was any drama along the way due to being out during lockdown.
No we had no trouble. We live year round on a barrier summer resort island, and off season it is rather deserted here, so usually we encountered no one, and if we did, we donned our masks and stayed a distance away.
Dave