The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ1 50 H-mount

danlindberg

I have been out of the loop for quite some time so I thought I ask my friends here for some input.

I'm not in the market for a DB (too expensive) but an IQ1 50 H-mount turned up at my doorstep at a price that seems 'very' attractive (through my longtime dealer so all legit) and I just might be able to pull it off.

But I need to know if I can use it for my intended purpose!? I have a beautiful Alpa 12 Plus and a Schneider 90 and this I am sure will be a great match, but further down the line I would want a wideangle lens that would give me as much shift capabilities as possible with sharpness to the edges and no smearing etc. Do you reckon a Schneider 35XL could do the trick?? 12-15mm rise with that sensor? It would be a nice focal length for me and I believe it could be affordable....

Many years ago I had a Schneider 35XL with a Credo 60 and this combo gave me clean and crisp results with 10mm rise. Thinking it would improve with the Cmos sensor?

tcdeveau

Hi Dan.
My initial two cents - is the IQ1 50 compatible with the SK90? If I recall, the SK 90 is aperture mount only (no shutter), and the IQ1 50 does not have an electronic shutter....
-Todd

danlindberg

There you go! I just took for granted it had ES being a Cmos! Thanks for pointing that out, then it is of no use.
Bummer.....

vjbelle

Dan.... if that 90mm is your original lens then it should have a copal shutter. If so it will work just fine with the back you are considering. As for the 35XL I had a Leaf 50 Cmos back and used my 35XL with it and was able to shift/rise almost 8mm and get very nice corner to corner images. Even if slightly soft they could be easily corrected in post. The beauty of that lens is the total lack of distortion.

Regards,

Victor B

tcdeveau

There you go! I just took for granted it had ES being a Cmos! Thanks for pointing that out, then it is of no use.
Bummer.....
If you’re looking at 50mp backs, have you considered the CFVII/907x? Has electronic shutter, no dark frame for long exposures, compatible with your X1D accessories, and compatible with XCD lenses with the 907x body.

I picked up one for myself for those reasons. Just took it out with my Alpa 12 plus and it’s a great combo for anyone with tech cam and X-system gear.

Pemihan

I have a SK Apo-Digitar 90 in Copal 0 so it exist. And no it is not for sale :shocked: It is Linhoff engraved if that means anything.

rdeloe

I have a SK Apo-Digitar 90 in Copal 0 so it exist. And no it is not for sale :shocked: It is Linhoff engraved if that means anything.
And I have an SK Apo-Digitar 80 in Copal 0 and it is for sale! ;)

I actually have one in a barrel too, which I prefer for my setup. The optics are identical. I've heard it said that the 90 that Pemihan is slightly better. It must be quite something then because the 80mm is superb.

med

I have the IQ2 50 and I feel like in most ways except for live view it is probably a step down from your old Credo 60... the 60 mpix chips behave much better with symmetrical wides like the 35XL and my 43XL which has unrecoverable colour cast on the IQ2 50 beyond 8-10mm of movement, especially in skies.

I love the CMOS chip for its performance and usability on an SLR type body, and it is still very, very good on a tech camera... but part of me wishes I had either a 60 MP chip or an IQ4 150 for some more extreme movement capability.

Pemihan

And I have an SK Apo-Digitar 80 in Copal 0 and it is for sale! ;)

I actually have one in a barrel too, which I prefer for my setup. The optics are identical. I've heard it said that the 90 that Pemihan is slightly better. It must be quite something then because the 80mm is superb.
I have the Apo-Digitar 80 in aperture mount, just need to get it mounted in Cambo mount.

Oh and I have one for sale in aperture mount as well :grin:

Massive Si

There you go! I just took for granted it had ES being a Cmos!
It should have, like all P1's CMOS backs up to the IQ350, but they decided it would be better to shaft their customers in the hope of them upgrading to a 3100 or 4 series

There is absolutely no reason why they couldnt implement ES in their range other than greed