The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Filter holder / system

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Worry not! I'm doing this for several personal reasons.

It gets me outside - I'm lazy enough to use the pandemic as an excuse to live on the couch.

It gets me to use and carry a tripod - which I should do anyway, especially to learn NOT to be limited by where I first plunk it down.

It gets me to experiment with long exposures - not that I want foggy water and streaked skies for everything, but it's a nice technique to have in the bag, and extends the range of my own vision.

And it lets me to use this equipment that otherwise gathers dust.

Best,

Matt

Smoothjazz

I have been researching filter systems also; I wanted an integrated CPL in the system as well. Two other options just to mention;PolarPro, a newer line that looks good, max thread size 95mmm, and Nisi Optics, which is what I ended up choosing, since they had a system with thread size of 105mm I needed for my largest lens. The Nisi filters are very high quality- I am impressed with their optics.

Worry not! I'm doing this for several personal reasons.

It gets me outside - I'm lazy enough to use the pandemic as an excuse to live on the couch.

It gets me to use and carry a tripod - which I should do anyway, especially to learn NOT to be limited by where I first plunk it down.

It gets me to experiment with long exposures - not that I want foggy water and streaked skies for everything, but it's a nice technique to have in the bag, and extends the range of my own vision.

And it lets me to use this equipment that otherwise gathers dust.

Best,

Matt

msstudio

I do have the lee system, 100mm with a below. It does quite a nice job. It’s huge on a 35mm kit but on MF it works quite well. The one thing is neutrality of the ND. I see a huge shift in color when lining up none filter, ND 0.9 and small stopper, for the most people that doesn’t matter, but for people delivering to clients It can be an issue. Arri makes ND filters that are truly on another level and therefor quite pricy...

Sanford Lavine

I like the Wine Country system for holding Breakthrough filters. It’s a bit heavy though, so when I travel I use the Breakthrough filter holder.