The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PhaseOne Experience Vibration

spassig

Hello

What is your experience in landscape photography regarding low vibration with the PO XF and IQ3 50 MP. I use tripod with 35 and 150 mm lenses.
Live View?
LS?
FPS?

Jochen

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

LS with mirror up and vibration delay selected. Of course, ES in live view is even better if the subject is static. I only use the FPS for hand-held.

steve_cor

Jochen,
ES stands for electronic shutter.

The IQ350 does not have electronic shutter. The electronic shutter feature was added with the IQ3 100MP digital back, and then the IQ4 150MP digital back.

In some modes such as mirror lock up mode, or vibration delay mode, the XF camera body can open the focal plane shutter when the mirror raises. Once the vibration dies down, only the leaf shutter moves. So vibration from the leaf shutter should be very little. And with electronic shutter, vibration should be completely zero. The 645DF and DF+ don't have that feature.

--Steve.

spassig

Jochen,
ES stands for electronic shutter.

The IQ350 does not have electronic shutter. The electronic shutter feature was added with the IQ3 100MP digital back, and then the IQ4 150MP digital back.

In some modes such as mirror lock up mode, or vibration delay mode, the XF camera body can open the focal plane shutter when the mirror raises. Once the vibration dies down, only the leaf shutter moves. So vibration from the leaf shutter should be very little. And with electronic shutter, vibration should be completely zero. The 645DF and DF+ don't have that feature.

--Steve.
Thanks for feedback.
I must read the manual to understand:

Focal Plane Shutter (FPS).
Leaf Shutter (LS)
Electronic Shutter (ES)

I have XF and IQ3 50 MP and Schneider Kreuznach 35 mm, 150 mm.

Jochen