The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Availability of 907X and CFV II Back

PSS

I am blown away by the iPad tethering and how well the mobile app works. It's really impressive.

The desktop app (at least the Mac version) is just there.. it works for tethered capture just fine and gets me my files on a monitor and hard disk. Then I just send them to my editing server and work with them in Lightroom and that's the end of Phocus.
I use Phocus 2 for tethering on the iPad Pro, its awesome...i think i found out that low batteries (in camera) can lead to some crashes when shooting high volumes, seems to be a power issue? Either way switching batteries (at about 20%) takes care of it....
I then just import the files directly into LR mobile on the ipad, they are sent to the cloud instantly, works great, i love LR mobile (and PS mobile)....i actually haven’t even worked on my mac in a few weeks.....

nameBrandon

I use Phocus 2 for tethering on the iPad Pro, its awesome...i think i found out that low batteries (in camera) can lead to some crashes when shooting high volumes, seems to be a power issue? Either way switching batteries (at about 20%) takes care of it....
I then just import the files directly into LR mobile on the ipad, they are sent to the cloud instantly, works great, i love LR mobile (and PS mobile)....i actually haven’t even worked on my mac in a few weeks.....
I have no experience with the H system to know if this is just tradition or what, but the X system seems to always crap out on low battery power. The X1D is like that too, strange focusing behavior, even an occasional lock-up here and there at low battery power. Pop in a fresh battery, it all goes away. I wonder if this was why they introduced a second generation of batteries for the X system? Doesn't seem to have helped that much.. :)

bab

I'd avoid Hasselblad for one reason. No Capture One support
Phocue is awful
Get it right in camera, Phocus best tethered software on the planet, best curves, and get you best lens corrections and color from H raw files do ur homework!

Hasselblad has lots of issues but Phocus is great! Could it use more refinements ya it’s five to ten years behind in the bells and whistles but for the above it’s the only option.

bab

I have no experience with the H system to know if this is just tradition or what, but the X system seems to always crap out on low battery power. The X1D is like that too, strange focusing behavior, even an occasional lock-up here and there at low battery power. Pop in a fresh battery, it all goes away. I wonder if this was why they introduced a second generation of batteries for the X system? Doesn't seem to have helped that much.. :)
Still flawed AF bad to fair but other issues plague it.
907x built to order Hasselblad can’t make product without firm orders!

scho

Does this mean that the special edition is finally done? Still waiting for announcements about availability of the regular version.

From B&H today:
Thank you for your interest in the following item:

Hasselblad 907X Special Edition Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
(B&H # HA907XCFVSE)

You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued. Please check back on our website for similar or possible replacement items.

tcdeveau

Does this mean that the special edition is finally done? Still waiting for announcements about availability of the regular version.

From B&H today:
Thank you for your interest in the following item:

Hasselblad 907X Special Edition Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
(B&H # HA907XCFVSE)

You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued. Please check back on our website for similar or possible replacement items.
My understanding based on random bits and pieces assembled from various sources is that production of the SE is probably done. Mine is one of 3 currently on listed on eBay US. In another one of the listings, the seller says he received an email from HB stating that production was limited to 720 pieces globally and that they'd soon be all sold out. That listing was listed 2-3 weeks ago.

elm

B&H just sent me an email stating the following for the 907X SE: "We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued." I got a similar email a week or two ago from Adorama, so if you want one, ebay is the way to go for now.

For those of us who want the Chrome (standard) edition, fingers crossed that it will be released soon.

Happy for all of the SE owners!!!! Please keep sending photos from the kit and any insight you want to share. Thank you in advance!

nameBrandon

My understanding based on random bits and pieces assembled from various sources is that production of the SE is probably done. Mine is one of 3 currently on listed on eBay US. In another one of the listings, the seller says he received an email from HB stating that production was limited to 720 pieces globally and that they'd soon be all sold out. That listing was listed 2-3 weeks ago.
I saw the 720 piece email from the eBay listing as well.. will be curious to see if we ever get confirmation that it's legit. FWIW, my S/N ends in 761.. so depending on where they started there may be some truth to it.