The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Availability of 907X and CFV II Back

Lobalobo

Regarding the 907X and CFV II Back, it seems there once was on sale a "Special Edition" kit with these two pieces, though these are now out of stock. The price was also 30% higher than the X1D.

My hope is that the price of the Special Edition was designed for early adopters willing to pay a premium and that when the ordinary 907X and CFV II Back are offered for sale, the combined price will be more in line with the X1D.

Any thoughts on this pricing conjecture? On when the cameras will be available (assuming the pandemic does not worsen, which of course is a far more important matter than any camera purchase)?

Thanks in advance.

Godfrey

There's been quite a bit of discussion on this topic as well as other notions regarding the Hasselblad 907x and CFVII 50c back already. You should review
https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium...tal-backs/68754-separate-cfv-ii-50c-907x.html
and carry on the conversation there. :)

The Hasselblad 907x/CFVII 50c Special Edition set is a limited edition kit with special finish commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Landing on the Moon. It was announced early on to time it with the commemorations and other things associated with that event in July 2019. The special edition kit has a small premium associated with that commemoration and its special black finish and commemorating plaque, etc; the standard edition should be a little less expensive. Exactly what the price will be ... we'll know when Hasselblad officially announces availability and release. That release and announcement has been delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The last rumor I heard was saying it should be late Summer or Fall 2020, but everything hinges on the state of the world with respect to the pandemic, I imagine. :(

The 907x/CFVII 50c is a rather different product compared to the X1D, I'm not sure that exact price comparison is all that valid. The underlying technology in sensor, control, and software is shared between the X1D II and CFVII 50c, but the rest of the package is quite different.

G

tcdeveau

My guess is $5000 USD for the CFVII, $1500 for the 907x.

As far as availability goes, it’s anyone’s guess. Could be tomorrow, could be fall, could be Q1 2021, or....?? Even when they are announced, I wouldn’t expect wide availability or immediate shipping. Maybe HB will prove me wrong. Regardless, it’s a great little package and well worth the wait IMHO. I’ve been enjoying mine.

Regarding pricing, it’s all relative. The original CFV-50c was $15k USD. The X1D was $9k USD when it was released. The trend in pricing is that it has come down, and compared to the X1DII, they have to make up some R&D cost for the 907x.

The X1D/X1DII doesn’t play as well with tech/view cams as the CFVII, and won’t work at all with legacy V-system bodies, so if one needs that functionality it’s worth the extra $$ over the X1D/X1DII IMHO.

Godfrey

Shoot, I just wish I had gotten one of the Moon t-shirts!:(:(:(
Dave, the Apollo Landing commemorative stuff is still available to order, I believe:
https://store.hasselblad.com/t/50-years-on-the-moon-anniversary-collection

The t-shirts are now out of stock (no idea if they'll re-stock) but the other collectibles are still available.

I have one of the tshirts: It is a lovely, very high quality shirt! I ordered it the first time I looked at the 907x Special Edition and wear it sparingly so as to keep it in good condition for a long, long time. :D

G

nameBrandon

Curious if anyone has watched stock levels as of late..? I placed an order on B&H yesterday, they were stating expected stock on July 14. I see Adorama is out, but Dodd is showing in-stock at the moment. I like Dodd, but Payboo is saving me ~$500.

Was curious if B&H's stock prediction date had been a rolling prediction or if anyone had noticed it had been stable with the July 14 date? Maybe you early adopters are all too busy playing with your setups.. :p

Guess I'll find out next week, but you all know how the waiting goes.. :) :cry:

Now to find a clean 500C/M and 80CF..

Godfrey

Curious if anyone has watched stock levels as of late..? I placed an order on B&H yesterday, they were stating expected stock on July 14. I see Adorama is out, but Dodd is showing in-stock at the moment. I like Dodd, but Payboo is saving me ~$500.

Was curious if B&H's stock prediction date had been a rolling prediction or if anyone had noticed it had been stable with the July 14 date? Maybe you early adopters are all too busy playing with your setups.. :p

Guess I'll find out next week, but you all know how the waiting goes.. :) :cry:

Now to find a clean 500C/M and 80CF..
It seems questionable to me. Far as I've heard from three or four sources, the 907x Special Edition has been all sold out (although a couple might still be out there in the distribution channels), and the standard edition build has not shipped from Hasselblad to the US yet.

I hope for your sake that they do receive stock, but I wouldn't bank on it at this point.

G

nameBrandon

It seems questionable to me. Far as I've heard from three or four sources, the 907x Special Edition has been all sold out (although a couple might still be out there in the distribution channels), and the standard edition build has not shipped from Hasselblad to the US yet.

I hope for your sake that they do receive stock, but I wouldn't bank on it at this point.

G
Yep, I think you're correct, it does look like stock is definitely dwindling. Given that Hasselblad doesn't seem to have published actual production run numbers (e.g. "there will only be X produced") and the fact that I've either called or found online 3-4 retailers that still have the unit in stock, I'm guessing they're not officially sold out. I'm willing to bet my $500 savings at B&H that they still get a small quantity next week.

Let's see where we're at next week this time.. and hopefully I'm not shooting myself in the foot for being cheap and trying to save $500..!! :)

tcdeveau

Yep, I think you're correct, it does look like stock is definitely dwindling. Given that Hasselblad doesn't seem to have published actual production run numbers (e.g. "there will only be X produced") and the fact that I've either called or found online 3-4 retailers that still have the unit in stock, I'm guessing they're not officially sold out. I'm willing to bet my $500 savings at B&H that they still get a small quantity next week.

Let's see where we're at next week this time.. and hopefully I'm not shooting myself in the foot for being cheap and trying to save $500..!! :)
AFAIK the BH dates are rolling. I subscribed to their stock notification thing a few months ago and have not received an email saying it's "in stock." Of course that doesn't mean they're not still receiving and shipping them, though.

Best of luck!

nameBrandon

I just got one (my second, after foolishly selling my first) through Peter and Addie Lorber at Custom Photo Images in Boca Raton, FL. The camera arrived today directly from Hasselblad. So there's still stock somewhere (unless I got the very last one in the world).

Joe
Very helpful, thanks. I've actually just reached out to Hasselblad to get to the bottom of it, rather than relying on luck and hope.. :) Will share what I learn, but very glad to hear there's still product moving around.

edit - Heard back from Hassy.. a bit of a nebulous statement, but they're not completely gone. "We are shipping them and they are a limited edition and the quantity is limited."

Last edited:

Godfrey

Interesting. It will be of some interest to see how many of the 907x Special Editions were actually produced at some point in time. I hope you do get one soon, it's a delightful camera to work with!

G

nameBrandon

Interesting. It will be of some interest to see how many of the 907x Special Editions were actually produced at some point in time. I hope you do get one soon, it's a delightful camera to work with!

G
Thank you, me too! :)

Out of curiosity does the serial number provide any indication? I wonder if it's sequential, and if we had enough we could discern a pattern? Perhaps a project for a rainy day..

Godfrey

Thank you, me too! :)

Out of curiosity does the serial number provide any indication? I wonder if it's sequential, and if we had enough we could discern a pattern? Perhaps a project for a rainy day..
All that the serial number that any of us might have can tell us is what our camera is numbered. Special Editions might be a particular range of serial numbers in the scope of all 907x serial numbers, the Special Edition might have its own series, etc. More information would have to come from Hasselblad to lend meaning to the numbering.

G

nameBrandon

I saw that today.. The product is showing in stock, but my order itself is still showing the item is backordered. I'm hoping that is just an artifact of their checkout hours and they're just showing excess stock after providing for their existing back-orders. Guess we'll see at 9:45PM EST :/

I'm tempted to cancel my original order and order it again when checkout opens from the new stock, but that's probably a silly thing to do.

Mexecutioner

I saw that today.. The product is showing in stock, but my order itself is still showing the item is backordered. I'm hoping that is just an artifact of their checkout hours and they're just showing excess stock after providing for their existing back-orders. Guess we'll see at 9:45PM EST :/

I'm tempted to cancel my original order and order it again when checkout opens from the new stock, but that's probably a silly thing to do.
Not silly, if you have a way to secure it, do it. Once you have confirmation that you got one, cancel the old order or call them on the phone tomorrow first thing to make sure you don’t end up with 2. Just 6 hours and 45 minutes to go!

nameBrandon

Not silly, if you have a way to secure it, do it. Once you have confirmation that you got one, cancel the old order or call them on the phone tomorrow first thing to make sure you don’t end up with 2. Just 6 hours and 45 minutes to go!
I'm going to end up with ~$25k worth of these things due to my impatience.. just you wait.. :ROTFL: :facesmack:

At least we have a buy and sell board..