The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 2000 FC/M Digital use

anyone

Hi there,

I know this topic of F-series cameras was discussed before, but I couldn't find with the search the right answer.
I'd like to use my F-lenses with my 2000FC/M and Phase One IQ1 60 and wonder if there is a way to make it possible. Below 1/60 it's possible out of the box, but the faster shutter speeds won't work.

Both attempts with a regular sync cable and a (tech-cam) wake up cable did not lead to success. Some bodies seem to be able to be modified. Does anyone know if this is true for my model? Or any other hint to make it work?

Thank you!

B L

I saw a 203FE was offered on ebay some months ago which had gone throught some modification to "allow" all available sutterspeeds to wake up the digital back. But the asking price was ridiculous! Without te modification the back will wake up but only part of image will be captured.
You can try Welcome to Classic V | Hasselblad V system repair, service, support if Chris tries to help. The Classic V repair people are very helpful and highly recommended.
Also please see the post by David Papas https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/digital-backs-with-hasselblad-2000fc-m.242356/

Last edited:

anyone

So in short, I can forget about it: 1/60 will be fine, all above impossible. It's a pity!

anyone

I had today a call with Hasselblad in Germany. So, modification of series 2000 bodies is not possible, 20x is possible. I think I will live with the limitations (shoot with sync speed and use an ND-filter). I don't see to spend the money for a new body + modification, as I could also just buy an X1D for that money.

Godfrey

I had today a call with Hasselblad in Germany. So, modification of series 2000 bodies is not possible, 20x is possible. I think I will live with the limitations (shoot with sync speed and use an ND-filter). I don't see to spend the money for a new body + modification, as I could also just buy an X1D for that money.
With the CFVII 50c back, you can use the 2000 Fx bodies in C mode with C lenses using the flash sync cable. And you can simply eschew the optical viewfinder, lock the shutter open, use Live View on the back and the back's electronic shutter release with any lens on the front. But this is outside of your existing equipment.

G

anyone

With the CFVII 50c back, you can use the 2000 Fx bodies in C mode with C lenses using the flash sync cable. And you can simply eschew the optical viewfinder, lock the shutter open, use Live View on the back and the back's electronic shutter release with any lens on the front. But this is outside of your existing equipment.

G
C(F) lenses of course also work as they do with a 500-series body without any issue with the P1 back. My question was purely about using the shutter + P1 back (mine doesn't have an ES) with F-lenses. Any ES back should work in the way you described.