The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D with Fuji XF lenses

rollsman44

The Xpan Lenses have been recommended to work with the X1D. To my knowledge Fuji made the X Pan lenses so why cant one us Fuji XF lenses with an adaptor on the X1D. Thank you

PSS

Not sure where to start...XF does not even cover full frame, so definitely not X 33x44, mount, distance to sensor,....
And even if all that was figured out, you are still left with electric shutter on the X1D which has very limited application

Steve Hendrix

The Xpan Lenses have been recommended to work with the X1D. To my knowledge Fuji made the X Pan lenses so why cant one us Fuji XF lenses with an adaptor on the X1D. Thank you

The Fuji G lenses require an electronic communication to adjust the aperture.

I would love to see someone create an electronic controller for Fuji lenses (I've mentioned this to Cambo in the past), similar to the Cambo and Arca solutions for Canon lenses with electronic aperture control. But perhaps a different size market is the limiting factor.

Steve Hendrix/CI

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Seems to be some confusion of similarly named/sourced lenses here. To facilitate clearer discussion here are definitions of three lens lines that have been mentioned:

- Hasselblad XPan Lenses; legacy lenses for the XPan that took 35mm film and shot panos 65mm wide
- Fuji XF Lenses; modern electronic lenses for the crop-35mm-format Fuji X series
- Fuji GF lenses; modern electronic lenses for the crop-medium-format Fuji GFX series

To my knowledge (not an expert on this) the XPan lenses were manufactured by Fuji, but for clarity of communication it's probably better to refer to them as Hasselblad XPan lenses.

TimoK

Because of the image circle size. Fuji XF lenses are made to smaller sensor, so the image circle is too small to 33x44mm sensor.
I wonder there is some exceptions with larger IC, maybe even usable in X1D w/o cropping.

Steve Hendrix

Ah yes, correct Doug, I just saw Fuji lenses and X1D. What has been said is right, that the XF lenses don't have anywhere near a big enough image circle to cover a 44mm x 33mm sensor. And mounting the Fuji GF lenses wouldn't really make any sense either, there probably isn't enough flange distance to be able to focus more than inches away.

But for technical and view camera use, I'd love to see a Fuji GF Lens controller for use with smaller format cameras (Sony/Canon/Nikon, etc.).

Steve Hendrix/CI

ErikKaffehr

Seems to be some confusion of similarly named/sourced lenses here. To facilitate clearer discussion here are definitions of three lens lines that have been mentioned:

- Hasselblad XPan Lenses; legacy lenses for the XPan that took 35mm film and shot panos 65mm wide
- Fuji XF Lenses; modern electronic lenses for the crop-35mm-format Fuji X series
- Fuji GF lenses; modern electronic lenses for the crop-medium-format Fuji GFX series

To my knowledge (not an expert on this) the XPan lenses were manufactured by Fuji, but for clarity of communication it's probably better to refer to them as Hasselblad XPan lenses.
X-Pan lenses were made by Nittoh Kogaku and so are the lenses for X1D#.

Best regards
Erik

Shashin

There is no licensing agreement between Hasselblad and Fuji for either the X1D or GFX. Fuji and Hassleblad did enter an agreement for the TX-1 and Xpan--the same camera and the same lenses.

rollsman44

Re: Hasselblad X1D with Fuji XF lenses + HC Lens Question

Just off the subject for now. If I am not mistaken I can use HC lenses with an adaptor and will be able to use Flash.? Flash is a must for me when doing portraits. Thanks

Godfrey

Re: Hasselblad X1D with Fuji XF lenses + HC Lens Question

Just off the subject for now. If I am not mistaken I can use HC lenses with an adaptor and will be able to use Flash.? Flash is a must for me when doing portraits. Thanks
HC/HCD lenses from Hasselblad H system are compatible with the X system cameras using the XH Adapter. This is a fully integrated adaptation, the lens shutters in the H system lenses are used and operate in exactly the same way that X system lenses work, so flash operates the same way as well. This note from the Hasselblad.com website regarding the XH Adapter:

Please note that the HC/HCD Lens must have firmware 18.0.0 or later. Lenses with older firmware have hardware that cannot be updated with this firmware. They can only be used with manual focus on the X1D.

As of firmware version 1.21.0, the X1D supports the XH Lens Adapter with auto focus for the following lenses:
HCD 4,8/24, HCD 4/28, HC 3,5/35, HC 3,5/50, HC 3,5/50-II, HC 2,8/80, HC 2,2/100, HC 3,2/150 N, HC 4/210, HC 4,5/300, HC 3,5-4,5/50-110, HCD 4,0-5,6/35-90

G

tcdeveau

I would love to see a Fuji GF to X-mount adapter at some point to use lenses like the 100-200 GF. Not going to hold my breath though.