The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Getting into tech?

Enthree

Hello Dantes Ambassadors,

Since I got my IQ140 back with some lenses, I have made such super experiences in photography both private and commercial like never before. I am seriously considering to add the service permanently in my portfolio as an art director, at least for product-photography so far. I like the comparably slow pace of the workflow and reasonable designing the image, that allows my creativity and planning to liberate for and with its excellent results and with many years of experience in designing and retouching I take no efforts getting there.

What caught my interest more and more is the use of technical cameras. Since it seemed as such a price-nefty market I didn't dare to take closer looks, but as I was looking for tilt-shift options, there hardly seems to exist a way around, especially since I also seem develop an interest in architecture and would already have contacts to potential serious customers. By accident I stumbled across the Cambo WDS + a Schneider APO-Digital 35 XL offer under 1.000 bucks, even though it had the wrong (Hasselblad)Backplate.

So is this right, that it doesn't have to be the ALPA investment of a car?

It is over all so hard to come by any information regarding this topic. I have so many questions even google seem to can't answer and in this forum they seem to be mostly all very specific already. I could go on with all the questions I got, browsing through used offers from resellers, ebay, and whatnot, but maybe you already know any kind of informative source, that I could start with and possibly get some of those answered before I annoy anyone here.

Or maybe even someone who already is deep duck in on this one, would even kindly offer a call or so to get me started.

Thanks in advance!

Boinger

Lots of people on this forum use tech cams.

What is your specific question?

I use tech cams almost exclusively in my product photography