The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad h back shutter sync cable

Atracksler

Is there a special cable to connect a h back with a view camera sync port? Or will any 1/8 > x sync cable work?

epforever

For shutter speeds slower than about 1/30, a standard cable from sync to back will work. But for 1/30 or faster, you'll start to see issues:
- purple / magenta color cast
- noise
- sometimes a little ghosting visible around clean lines

You have to wake up the back before those faster shutter speeds. Here are the solutions I used:
- The back has a port where you can plug in a cable release to trigger the back. If you trigger the back thus before shooting, the shots will be clean. You can set the back to expose for, say, 4 seconds. Trigger the back, fire the lens, then let the back's exposure finish. That way the back is seeing dark before and after the lens opens for the exposure.
- If you're using an Alpa, the Alpa wake-up system works well. It has two parts -- the sync device that connects to the lens, and the sync cable that connects to the device, the sync port and the back.

Since I'm no longer using my H back, I'm actually selling a few items. PM me if you're interested:
- Hasselblad battery adapter for backs. Works on the H5D's.
- Alpa sync cable II for Hasselblad.

Atracksler

So I finally got everything together with my LightPhase FlexAdapter, When I try and plug in the flash sync cable, the space is too tight to fit. Is there a low profile plug?

IMG_4340.jpg

Does anyone have a suggestion for getting the back to trip a shutter?

Also, when tethered, I'm getting a very odd magenta and green color cast: (Exposure was using Phocus @1second)

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 1.56.13 PM.jpg