The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 907x SE Control Grip and Optical Viewfinder Announced

nameBrandon

Waiting for the B&H pre-order.. definitely for the grip. Jury is out on the viewfinder..

My thought here is that we're getting pretty close to being able to replace the X1D II, minus that large, beautiful rear screen. I'm not sure there's a huge differentiator offered by the X1D (I or II) relative to the CFVii50c, outside of the body style, viewfinder and larger rear LCD.

It seems like Hasselblad just took a big step at diminishing the (functional) differences between the body style / viewfinder.

Godfrey

I don't know that the modular 907x/CFVII 50c setup can compete head to head on every point that the X1D II with its built-in EVF, etc, can. They're different cameras in many ways: both have strengths and weaknesses that suit different shooting situations.

The 907x will never be quite as versatile and flexible as the X1D can be with the right lens, all in one piece. But the X1D does not extend the use of existing V system equipment in the same way. Both have their market niche. :)

(I'll likely order both bits. How much I use one or both of them remains to be seen....)

G

nameBrandon

I don't know that the modular 907x/CFVII 50c setup can compete head to head on every point that the X1D II with its built-in EVF, etc, can. They're different cameras in many ways: both have strengths and weaknesses that suit different shooting situations.

The 907x will never be quite as versatile and flexible as the X1D can be with the right lens, all in one piece. But the X1D does not extend the use of existing V system equipment in the same way. Both have their market niche. :)

(I'll likely order both bits. How much I use one or both of them remains to be seen....)

G
Agreed! I think my evaluation is more around if the 907x/cfvii 50c setup with viewfinder/grip is functional enough... It's absolutely is not a 100% replacement for the X1D II.. but is that extra functionality (EVF, AE-Lock, etc..) you get on the X1D worth the extra thousands now that we're much closer in parity between the two (with the new grip / OVF).

SrMphoto

Comments:
- An optical, large viewfinder could be nice, but I do not understand how it is going to be mounted (cold shoe adapter?).
- The grip has a joystick for moving the focus point around :). Hope it allows for the back button focusing as well.

tcdeveau

Comments:
- An optical, large viewfinder could be nice, but I do not understand how it is going to be mounted (cold shoe adapter?).
The "Hasselblad" name plate on the top of the 907x body slides off towards the back, you would just slide the dovetail of the bottom of the OVF bracket into the slot after removing the name plate. I just tried it with mine.

edmundphoto888

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Nice to see the OVF and HANDGRIP for the 907X combo .
But I think , Hasselblad should also put a major effort to finally launch the chrome version CFV II 50 c + 907x .:banghead:
I believe , many user are impatiently waiting for that .

tcdeveau

These 2 new accessories are almost half the price of a GFX 50R with everything in the camera body!
You must not be aware of the quote on the top of Medium Format Systems and Digital Backs subforum that says ""Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here." (Dante)"??? There's a reason for that :ROTFL:

Silliness aside, the GFX50R is a great system for those that choose that path. For those that choose to shoot with other systems, P1, HB, etc, yes compared to the GFX50R everything is expensive but it's great to have options since not everyone wants to shoot with a GFX.

Back to the accessories, nice to see HB moving the 907x/CFVII along. Hopefully the chrome version isn't too far behind....

PSS

These 2 new accessories are almost half the price of a GFX 50R with everything in the camera body!
The EVF tilt adapter for the GFX is 570$....and it literally is a glorified hinge....don’t get me wrong, i think its a great piece of gear and brings something unique to a very solid system, but i was actually surprised by what i consider very reasonable price (s) of the grip and optical finder....
I would have preferred the announcement of the non limited chrome edition actually shipping and i wasn’t sure i would get the grip and finder once i can actually get the 907/back combo but with those prices i will probably get them anyway....

JAB

I'm excited to see that additional accessories are becoming available. The price is, what the price is. And I definitely echo the desire for the chrome version. PLEASE, bring that to the market. The videos on the Hasselblad website for the chrome version are becoming scratched and fuzzy sounding with the number of times they've been replayed!! :cry:

Godfrey

I'm just glad they've released the grip and viewfinder matched to the Special Edition color finally. I'm sure this means the standard chrome models are not far off ... This note in the Release Notes for the 907x/CFVII 50c Special Edition convinces me it cannot be that far off:

Note!
Firmware 1.3.0 is the first version for the CFV II 50C (not the Special Edition) and earlier firmware versions cannot be used.

So just hang in there, it will appear soon. :D

(I've placed an order for both bits for my 907x SE.)

G

Steve Hendrix

The new control grip has...drum roll please...a joystick to move the AF point around!

:clap:

I love joysticks. And I am not even a gamer.

But my early Canon cameras had them, and it stuck with me.

And you know why they work - at least for me? It's because without looking at it, you know your finger is on the joystick, not on some button that feels like another button. And that's the whole point.

Steve Hendrix/CI

glennedens

I wonder what is different about the "new" CFVII 50c that it cannot run the older firmware? This little note confused me and causes me to question if I should have waited before ordering the 907x? :) Godfrey, what is your take?

And where were you able to pre-order the grip and finder?

Kind regards,

Glenn

I'm just glad they've released the grip and viewfinder matched to the Special Edition color finally. I'm sure this means the standard chrome models are not far off ... This note in the Release Notes for the 907x/CFVII 50c Special Edition convinces me it cannot be that far off:

So just hang in there, it will appear soon. :D

(I've placed an order for both bits for my 907x SE.)

G