The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sanity check...

Don Libby

Got the rover late yesterday. Put everything together to include a couple of quick disconnects, changed the tires to a more outdoor type and charged the batteries.

Took it out this morning and tried it with the GoPro then the GFX50r. Did mush more running with the GoPro as we figure it was cheaper...

Working on the test videos and will share one soon

Don Libby

It's definitely a work in progress.

Getting used to the controllers esp the one for the rover as it seems to have a hair trigger. It has a high ground clearance but has been stable (so far).

Found some things that aren't working well for me. The GoPro overheats and shuts down well before the 1st hr. The GFX 50r has a limit of around 30-minutes video no matter the card used. Both will work well enough in the next couple months as we get used to using everything.

I'm not a huge fan of sending out a $4k plus camera and lens into the wild even if I didn't have the limitation of time. Looking around I've spotted a Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera which size wise is between the GoPro and GFX 50s and has mush better resolution and able to capture 4k. I

I wanted to use a downlink so that'll be the same as well as the field monitor. The added plus is that with the proper monitor I'll be able to have near if not full camera controls for a distance. The BMMC with a lens will be less than the cost of the GFX 50r.

More testing before heading out to the wild. I wonder if I can get Ken Doo to act as bait again in a herd of cattle wearing a rabbit ear hat...:bugeyes:

kdphotography

It looks like a contraption out of the Mission Impossible movies.

It looks robust. I think I can fit on there.... :ROTFL:

nameBrandon

Don, I don't know how you go through all of this effort and then forget to put the damn laser cannons on the thing.

It's like you're not even trying.