The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CIR with IR-chrome filter

nakol

Hello,

I'm a newbie here.
I just got Imacon Ixpress 528c digital back for Hasselblad 500CM.
This is my first time ever using a digital back.

My goal was to find a replacement for Kodak Aerochrome or other color infrared films that I enjoyed shooting so much.
And I am delighted to find that the full spectrum converted digital back + IR chrome filter from Kolari is working very well.

I did not find any threads about IR-chrome filter on medium format forum so I thought I'd drop a sample.

NKDHP0015.jpg

Last edited:

scho

Hello,

I'm a newbie here.
I just got Imacon Ixpress 528c digital back for Hasselblad 500CM.
This is my first time ever using a digital back.

My goal was to find a replacement for Kodak Aerochrome or other color infrared films that I enjoyed shooting so much.
And I am delighted to find that the full spectrum converted digital back + IR chrome filter from Kolari is working very well.

I did not find any threads about IR-chrome filter on medium format forum so I thought I'd drop a sample.

View attachment 150869
Very nice and first application I've seen in MF. I use a full spectrum modified Canon EOS R with IRChrome filters and like the ability to modify vegetation hue easily to any color between yellow and red with the hue slider available in the Lightroom HSL panel. Example of an orange variant here.

nakol

Very nice and first application I've seen in MF. I use a full spectrum modified Canon EOS R with IRChrome filters and like the ability to modify vegetation hue easily to any color between yellow and red with the hue slider available in the Lightroom HSL panel. Example of an orange variant here.
Very nice Carl!

I had thought about getting a separate dedicated camera like yours, but I really wanted to utilize my V lenses.
And I wanted to keep things relatively simple... but now I am firmly gripped with GAS: looking into new macbook air and how to connect firewire to thunderbolt 3 so I can shoot multishots out in the field...LOL

ggibson

It's not medium format, but this may interest you--I recently modified my Sigma DP1 Merrill to full spectrum. The modified foveon sensor will output aerochrome-like images with red foliage straight out of camera with no filters, which is pretty cool. You can see it in live view on the rear screen. I sometimes use a polarizer to darken skies a bit more and bring out colors, and I've been experimenting with some different color filters for various effects. Here's an album with my collection of shots so far and one of my favorites:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamgibson/albums/72157715236202693

Winding path by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

nakol

It's not medium format, but this may interest you--I recently modified my Sigma DP1 Merrill to full spectrum. The modified foveon sensor will output aerochrome-like images with red foliage straight out of camera with no filters, which is pretty cool. You can see it in live view on the rear screen. I sometimes use a polarizer to darken skies a bit more and bring out colors, and I've been experimenting with some different color filters for various effects. Here's an album with my collection of shots so far and one of my favorites:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamgibson/albums/72157715236202693

Winding path by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Wow excellent composition!

And the fact that foveon sensor can do that without any filters is so cool!

Thanks