The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Travels with the Phase One P65+ with Sensor+

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The digital 'bit' from any H3D can be used with any tech camera, manual lenses and digital lenses from Schneider AND Rollei with their respective electronic shutter systems with full control from Phocus.. which incidentally is a no brainer to use - especially with your good dealer in tow.

Think about the benefits of an apparently 'closed' system....?

It gives you one battery and one charger, lens corrections, ease of use - ie it behaves like a DSLR in operation, not a camera with a digital back attached. This is evident in the very handy short cuts we have implemented and the overall customizable nature of the camera.

Not to mention, ten lenses, all with leaf shutters and internal AF motors for faster operation, two zooms and a 1.7x converter, HTS, CF adapter for V system lenses that give focus confirmation and don't need to be stopped down to work with, a GPS accessory, changeable viewfinders... the list goes on.

I should also add Phocus is free to download, has no licence and can be populated on as may computers as you wish. Is that any more closed than a licensed software?

Anyway, regardless of your final decision I hope it is the right one. :)

David
David,

my situation in the moment is a different one every day - mainly the system I looked closer (or even worked) the day before has an advantage :angel: Not sure if you know what I mean, but I am still in the finding phase.

As the investment into digital MF is a huge one independently of the fact in which system you invest, I am especially careful in this phase of selection.

But your hints are very valuable for me. I need to play a bit more with Phocus and see how it would integrate in what I call my workflow.

The prices for Hasselblad are anyway the most attractive ones in the moment - at least for 39MP.

Don Libby

Having only one battery is yet another neat side benefit to me after switching solely to the Cambo RS :clap:

As much as I like my P45+ I will admit to liking the idea of the P65 - thanks again Ken!

Don

kdphotography

Having only one battery is yet another neat side benefit to me after switching solely to the Cambo RS :clap:

As much as I like my P45+ I will admit to liking the idea of the P65 - thanks again Ken!

Don
You bet, Don. That's what a good support group is all about. We're all pulling here for you to get the P65+ and Guy will have his P40+ in no time....

Operators at Capture Integration are waiting.

:ROTFL:

Clawery

You bet, Don. That's what a good support group is all about. We're all pulling here for you to get the P65+ and Guy will have his P40+ in no time....

Operators at Capture Integration are waiting.

:ROTFL:
YES we are! :thumbs:

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

P

Paul David 99

Ordering the P65+ is one thing, but getting it is another. Mine's been on order since February and I'm told at the end of June. I'm beginning to wonder if a few were released, and the rest is vaporware!

Paul

kdphotography

Ordering the P65+ is one thing, but getting it is another. Mine's been on order since February and I'm told at the end of June. I'm beginning to wonder if a few were released, and the rest is vaporware!

Paul
I know it's not much consolation, but I do believe that I waited a longer period of time to receive the P65+ after ordering than you have (assuming you receive yours in June). Good things come to those that wait? Apparently demand is pretty strong---I know a couple of photographers on the wait-list...

And yes, it's worth the wait....

:)

p.s. I'm very thankful for the support from Chris, Doug, Dave and Karen at Capture Integration. It's like Christmas all over again... :)

Dale Allyn

Originally Posted by Paul David 99

Paul
Not sure if this helps (pretty sure it doesn't), but I ordered a diffuser from B&H in March. It arrived in April, but it was damaged (had a cut in it). It was returned and a replacement was ordered immediately, and now I'm told that it is expected in July!!! So another few days or weeks for a newly released, top of the line, digital back seams sort of reasonable to me. But of course, I'm not the one waiting for it. :)

Hope you get your back soon.

eleanorbrown

I have one on order too and am told end of June also. Phase has extremely stringent quality control on this back/sensor and these larger Dalsa sensors that meet all the standards are harder to come by and fewer sensors make the cut. Phase is streamlining their calibration process and hopefully this should alleviate some of the bottleneck. Eleanor

P

Paul David 99

[/QUOTE]
p.s. I'm very thankful for the support from Chris, Doug, Dave and Karen at Capture Integration. It's like Christmas all over again... :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, Ken. Chris has been fantastic in keeping me posted. I know it will be worth the wait.