The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf versus Phase

PeterA

Reads to me that you want a Leica S2 at a Nikon D50 price Pete. Good luck with yoru negotiations -:)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Best time to buy these systems is yet to come :D

The economic crisis is bad but it has also some good sides ;)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
And believe me I did not even start negotiating prices, just the first 2 offer. Wait till I start with the dealers, they will show some flexibility :D I know how to do this!
The price is flexible and you should negotiate. However, don't forget that a dealer willing to lower the price much lower than another dealer is likely investing less in their support.

Especially since you're new to digital having a dealer that has the capacity to answer any and all of your questions and who will stand behind you should you have any problems is worth a few percent more on your purchase. Of course - I may be a *bit* biased on this topic. :D

Doug

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Doug,

of course, this is true and I always appreciate support and I am als willing to pay for it.

This is actually a dilemma, as all 3 dealers for Hasselblad, Phase and Leaf are nice and helpful here in Vienna :D

Also the Leica dealer is very helpful and nice and I have a great relation built up with hem over the last many years, but on the other side, they suffer from their mother company.....

Will see. One thing is for sure, while I am new to MF digital, I am more than fluent in a number of SW packages (LR, PS3 and 4, Aperture, C1, FLexcolor, ....) so usually I drive my dealers crazy with my questions, because most cannot answer in the depth I am asking :D

PeterA

Doug,

of course, this is true and I always appreciate support and I am als willing to pay for it.

This is actually a dilemma, as all 3 dealers for Hasselblad, Phase and Leaf are nice and helpful here in Vienna :D

Also the Leica dealer is very helpful and nice and I have a great relation built up with hem over the last many years, but on the other side, they suffer from their mother company.....

Will see. One thing is for sure, while I am new to MF digital, I am more than fluent in a number of SW packages (LR, PS3 and 4, Aperture, C1, FLexcolor, ....) so usually I drive my dealers crazy with my questions, because most cannot answer in the depth I am asking :D
Of course they cant - the guys from C1 are exceptional compared to the real world dealer. No one should buy anything unless they already know more about it that the typical internet forum and certainly this implies knowledge far greater that the typical dealer. B&H was the best thing that ever happened to serious shooters.

the best service a dealer provides is a repair service based on a warranty that teh manufacturers will honour.

Clawery

The price is flexible and you should negotiate. However, don't forget that a dealer willing to lower the price much lower than another dealer is likely investing less in their support.

Especially since you're new to digital having a dealer that has the capacity to answer any and all of your questions and who will stand behind you should you have any problems is worth a few percent more on your purchase. Of course - I may be a *bit* biased on this topic. :D

Doug

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Doug is correct. The least expensive price may not be the best deal. Service and support before and after the purchase are mutually important.

As Doug had mentioned... I am a bit biased also. LOL

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)