The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with Cambo lens

Don Libby

Now that my Phase/Mamiya gear has sold I need to proceed to the next step. I've been shooing with a 35 and 72mm lens on my Cambo RS1000 and want to pick up a longer lens. Cambo shows a 120mm for the RS and after some digging around and checking Schneider's website I see they offer both a 150 and 180 digitar lens.

Here's my question for those who use a Cambo RS 1000. While I understand that either the 150 or 180 can be fitted for the RS1000 will there be a problem with weight/length hanging off the body? Am I asking for problems or am I just making up potential problems?

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks Don

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Longer than the 72?
I lust for the 72 myself.
The 120 looks like it might be best if the double spacer approach is used.
-bob

Don Libby

Hi Bob

The 72 is a great lens I just want to go a little longer. Everything I've read on Cambo's site leads me to think the 120 is the better/best lens but I want to do a little more snooping before I decide.

Thanks for the input

Don